Second Skin Audio

2 15's in a 4th order enclosure

Sid420

hello

I am going to be buying 2 american bass hd's and i was looking to run them on 2000 watts a piece and i was wondering if anybody could give me ideas on the box i want it to be on a 4th order but dont know how to build one. so you help me to figure out what i should have it tuned too. i would like it to be a low end machine. thanks

well i already have one of them so i was just going to buy another one and build a wall but i figured a normal wall would be to big for just 2 15's so thats why the idea for the 4th but i was also considering 4 of the AB's with a normal wall.

Wait, you thought a 4th would be a better idea because it would take less space? A 4th will take more space that a typical 4th order. You'll have a sealed side built to specs of what the sub wants and ported based on a ratio of your choosing. If your subs are not designed for a sealed box, they aren't ideal for a 4th, as mentioned already. The higher QTS and lower Fs is definitely going to be more suited for a bandpass enclosure. It doesn't mean it can't be done, but it's a gamble that no one will be able to tell you will work or not.

As far as 2 15s for a wall, you don't have to utilize ALL the space for the wall. Just use what you need for the 2 subs and maybe make a trim panel for the void space?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived