6 inches is good right?

bass4thetruck

lol at title......

i think it depends on your personal preference regarding sq...... you could like seleniums, another could like crescendo (however the hell you spell it)..... i love my selenium 6 inch mids.... they sound really nice to me....and are pretty cheap new....and they look like a mini sub lol

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

How are you going to install them? What power?

Don't go the Pro Audio route if you actually care about SQ. Not saying it can't be done but it is way easier to do it with drivers designed to sound good, not just get super fucking loud at 3k hz

Team NorthWestSPL

I don't own any but they would be my go to choice for a budget setup. Most people I've talked to said they don't require a cut off and play their whole freq range to the natural roll-off. I was going to use two 8" of them before I decided to just wait and save for some jbl2206's

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

lol at title......

i think it depends on your personal preference regarding sq...... you could like seleniums, another could like crescendo (however the hell you spell it)..... i love my selenium 6 inch mids.... they sound really nice to me....and are pretty cheap new....and they look like a mini sub lol

link to the website?

I don't own any but they would be my go to choice for a budget setup. Most people I've talked to said they don't require a cut off and play their whole freq range to the natural roll-off. I was going to use two 8" of them before I decided to just wait and save for some jbl2226's

Interesting, I may need to try crossing a bit higher and just let them open up a bit. I need to play with things here soon and get back to ya haha.

Team NorthWestSPL

I don't own any but they would be my go to choice for a budget setup. Most people I've talked to said they don't require a cut off and play their whole freq range to the natural roll-off. I was going to use two 8" of them before I decided to just wait and save for some jbl2226's

Interesting, I may need to try crossing a bit higher and just let them open up a bit. I need to play with things here soon and get back to ya haha.

I would just turn em loose and see if you don't like the sound better. Crossovers can radically change the sound of the speaker. Not just at the actual point it rolls off but it's entire range.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

^^for sure, ill give it a shot

This would still be my vote as long as you have a tweeter you can cross low enough:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=295-374&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pla

Otherwise the silver flutes would be a good way to go with tweeter limitations

Team NorthWestSPL

Archived