best place to put ground loop isolator?

I know this is a simple ass basic question but it had me wondering for a while today....I gotta PAC SNI-1 from sonic in the mail yesterday and when I went to put it in today I was kinda wondering where the best place to put it in would be. My system goes Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 > EQ >Amp , so would it be best before the eq, after the eq, or before the amp? Also I know on some ground loop isolators you HAVE to ground it at the headunit, but obviously I have no headunit, and I tried putting the ground loop isolator in line on the output of the eq and when I grounded it to chassis it induced loud shitty crazy noise...

Do you have noise already???

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Do you already have RCA noise, alt whine or anything before you put in the isolator?

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Do you already have RCA noise, alt whine or anything before you put in the isolator?

oh yes I do I hear very bad alt whine and hiss....I notice its induced almost entirely by the galaxy tabs charger because when u disconnect it it almost completely goes away, thats why I was hoping throwing the rca noise filter would drown it out.

I think the biggest thing I need to know is where to ground it because from what I've heard is that you HAVE to ground a ground loop isolator to the H/U....but I don't have a headunit it goes straight from my tab to the eq to the amp

or I wonder if I should get this one instead http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8987_PAC-SNI-1-3.5.html

oh yes I do I hear very bad alt whine and hiss....I notice its induced almost entirely by the galaxy tabs charger because when u disconnect it it almost completely goes away, thats why I was hoping throwing the rca noise filter would drown it out.

I think the biggest thing I need to know is where to ground it because from what I've heard is that you HAVE to ground a ground loop isolator to the H/U....but I don't have a headunit it goes straight from my tab to the eq to the amp

I would suggest try a different charger maybe? The charger should not be inducing noise , unless it is defective or a Chinese knockoff.

The reason it is grounded to to the hu is so that the hu and the isolator are at the same ground potential, thus eliminating or reducing the ground loop. In your case maybe try to ground to the charger's ground? I doubt it will work though.

How is your tablet hooked up to the eq, if your using an aux cable then i would try hooking the ground loop before the eq, also try grounding it to the car

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

Archived