Tweeters are the only thing playing

I have an Alpine CDA-9884 head unit and I used a MITAH adapter to turn the 6 pin din cable from the factory amp in my Eclipse to 2 pairs of RCA's. I hooked it all up right and it sounded amazing. I turned the internal amp OFF on my head unit and the head unit restarted and kept playing like normal. I then started my car (I was doing everything mentioned off battery power) and only the tweeters work now.

I've got no idea what's wrong. I can turn the internal amp on and off and the music sounds the same. The tweeters are only hooked up to the amp so it's like the head unit actually isn't turning on/off it's amp... I'm going to get press the reset button with a pen right now and see what happens but what on earth?

E34 540iT/6

I just unplugged all four RCA's and sure enough when I turned the deck on there was no sound. So I turned the internal amp ON and then the deck reset over and over again. It won't stay on! What is happening!

edit: Okay, internal amp is blown, big deal who uses those anyway. Only the tweeters are working still. Maybe I blew some channels on the amp. Hmm. Gay. I'm solving my own problems. Who wants to sell me a 4 channel?

E34 540iT/6

• 2 weeks later...

That blows... Alpine... Huh... Always thought they were the cream of the crop to. But hey at least the whole thing didnt take a shit on u eh? Best of luck :)

2003 f150, 2 ab hd 15 on brutus 2400.1, kinetik batt, big 3, knu wire, image dynamics cxs 6.5 with ppi tweets, pioneer 1din and clarion eq.

Archived