Second Skin Audio

Need an enclosure design for 2 Fosgate T1 12's !!..PLEASE..!!!

Hey everyone,

Can anyone help me out with an enclosure design for 2 of the all black Rockford Fosgate T1 12's dual 4ohm....The amp I have is a Rockford Fosgate T1500-bd, bought it several years ago and the birthsheet was around [email protected] going in a 2004 Chevy tracker for a daily driver...I listen to everything except country, would like it tuned between 35-37hz. Both the subs and the port need to face up towards the roof. I like the enclosures that have both subs on top, with the slot port between the subs. The max dimensions I have for a box are-- 36"wide 20"deep 21"tall

Thanx for taking the time to read this and if anyone helps me out...

KirK

So here is a suggestion:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 35 Hz
Vb = 4.4 ft^3

External Height = 20.75 in
External Width = 36 in
External Depth = 19 in

Port Width = 4 1/4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.
* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Top & Bottom (3 parts) = 36 x 19

Left & Right Sides = 17 1/2 x 18 1/2

Front & Back = 36 x 18 1/2

Shared Port Internal Assembly Parts:

2 x Top to Bottom = 16 3/8 x 17 1/2
2 x Extension = 6 3/16 x 17 1/2

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

TSUPU12.jpg

Important notes:

- All boxes built outside the vehicle need to fit in their way in not just have the right dimensions.

- The port needs 4 1/4" of free airspace in front of it for proper operation.

- Setting your amp subsonic filter to 28Hz is suggested.

Thanks Joe, it looks great..!! If its not to difficult, can you put in 45degrees in the corners and the port inside the box, so there is a 45 on both sides of the port when it starts going up...thanx again, I really appreciate it...!!!!!!!!

Hey Joe, I have a question on the port....I see you have it 4 1/4 inches wide until the two legs on the bottom, then the port drops to down to 2 1/8 inches wide at the 45 on the bottom, then does it go back up to 2 7/8 inches wide for the remainder of the legs on both sides..is this correct?

I subtracted --

20.75" ( external height of the box )

-16.375" ( Length of port till the legs )

-1.5" ( for wood thickness top and bottom )

equals 2.875"

Just making sure this is correct, I dont know about designing enclosures, thats why im asking.

It drops to 2 1/8" along both side ducts the size of the parts are pre calculated so no need to do math on them, what you need to do is decide how are you going to smooth the corners at the turn and after that, calculate the size of the 45s so that AT the turn you also have 2 1/8" to each side like in the pic above.

Archived