Second Skin Audio

what if i did this?

flood77

if that was a smart remark then I would refrain from doing it again as people will be much less inclined to help you.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

english is pretty clear maybe you you just cant read and have no reasoning skills,yeah i stuffed 4 12's in a 1.8 cubed box

Oh god That's bad, you need much much more airspace for 4 12's. Your box should be atleast 6~ cu.ft² for those ported.

BABYJUICE

It was quite difficult to understand. It had spelling errors, and just a poor choice of wording.

But back to the original question. What exactly are you trying to do? What subs do you have? What Amp(s)? And pictures of your setup always help.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

the amount of airspace gained on a single 12 inverted is only like 0.07 Cubic feet, it is so little no difference would be noticed, unless it was many subs, in a box that shared airspace

one woofer inverted may tune you down like 1/4 of a hz this is minus sub displacement, so you add to your box volume by very little

youd have to plot it, but its so minimal

XS-power1.jpg

4 sa-d412's their in 1.8 cubes per sub tuned at 35hz ,well after using a box calculator it says its 1.5 per sub . i realy dont want to have to pay to have another box built so im looking for any other options for a better sound and deeper bass

Do you have the space to invert the subs before they hit an object with the motor?

Archived