Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

fourth order help


sh4ggy

Recommended Posts

Posted

There isn't a formula to tell you THIS number or THAT number will work. Especially once in a vehicle, if you model it in a program, it changes. You can find ideas looking around for loudspeaker design

or cookbook. I can't give you specifics on your vehicle and the subs you've chosen. It's really just a build, test, rebuild sort of process.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

so if I leave my port as small as I have it now itll be tuned way low. I was going to build a removeable face but what about length is that not calculable either?

Posted

If you have a sub that has X amount of Cone area and Y amount of Xmax, you need a port area to allow them to do their job. A 4th order is going to need a bunch of port for a big sub with a good amount of Xmax. I've got a widely accepted amount of port area for my subs and vehicle in question. My port is 10X22" and is going on a blowthrough. Im not up and paying yet, but I'm confident with the design. I designed to be musical and my subs in question should get that done with a 4" coil and Fs of 20 Hz. My port is 16" deep btw.

I

As far as your tuning goes, 45 is a little low. Not that it would not work, but what if the box falls on its face at where you'd still want them to perform? You'd have to have a really strong mid stage to compensate.

As far as your port area goes, your ported section should be providing back pressure and the port is what allows your output to be heard. So there is a happy balance between pressurizing the section and having it be TOO restricted to not allow your output.

Like I said, it's tricky business to get a 4th designed properly. It's a lot of trial and error. My suggestion is, bust a box out and see how you like it. If it's got a flat spot, figure out how to fix it by adjusting volume, port area, or tuning.

I'll give any help I can or suggestions you made need. I've seen guys get away with little ports and some use monsters. If you've got the experience building, bust one out and see how you like it.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Oh and I'm guessing my truck well peak in the mid to high 40s. If I peak in the 30s, that would be awesome.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Trial and error. I doubt many on the forum have built a 4th for a Santa Fe

Twisted had a 4th for 4 15's in his.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.
Posted

Hot damn, maybe you should track his build OP. I wonder what his port area was and what he tuned the box to?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

it seems to me tho that if what u say is true then me building the port the way ive figured then its just a waste of time that im starting too small from the beginning. i need a better starting off point? some kind of basis to go off of, what is the min port size u would do with my t/s para and 8cu ported

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 446 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...