Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Need help with American bass xfl 15's and enclosure


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello everyone , I'm new to this site and I've been having some problems with my system so that's why I joined . I have 2 15" American Bass XFL's running off a audiopipe apcl-18001D I think ? I am looking for the low notes and I'm not getting them . I need help on tuning my amp . Can someone please help me ?? Also I need to know how to build a box for my subs to fit in my 1998 ford explorer 2 door that's big and tuned for the lows . Probably around 29-33 hertz? If anyone can help that would be great thanks ! You can text me at 1586-420-9935 if wanted too thanks !

Posted

Ok I found your thread, here is a suggestion, but check your actual dimensions to see if the following fits also read the notes below the pic to make sure everything checks out:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 33 Hz
Vb = 8 ft^3

External Height = 22 in
External Width = 38 in
External Depth = 29 in

Port Width = 35 in
Port Height = 4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.
* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Top & Bottom (3 parts) = 38 x 29

Left & Right Sides = 27 1/2 x 19 3/4

Front & Back = 38 x 19 3/4

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 23 1/2 x 36 1/2
Extension = 2 x 36 1/2

Port Left Side Assembly:
23 1/2 x 4
6 3/4 x 4
Port Right Side Assembly:
23 1/2 x 4
6 3/4 x 4

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

SP4SUPB_zps79a95136.jpg


Important notes:

- All boxes built outside the vehicle need to fit in their way in not just have the right dimensions.

- This box should be operated around subwoofer(s) rated power. If that´s not the case, let me know.

- The port needs 4" of free airspace in front of it for proper operation.

- Setting your amp subsonic filter to 28Hz is suggested.

Posted

Ok I found your thread, here is a suggestion, but check your actual dimensions to see if the following fits also read the notes below the pic to make sure everything checks out:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 33 Hz

Vb = 8 ft^3

External Height = 22 in

External Width = 38 in

External Depth = 29 in

Port Width = 35 in

Port Height = 4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Top & Bottom (3 parts) = 38 x 29

Left & Right Sides = 27 1/2 x 19 3/4

Front & Back = 38 x 19 3/4

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 23 1/2 x 36 1/2

Extension = 2 x 36 1/2

Port Left Side Assembly:

23 1/2 x 4

6 3/4 x 4

Port Right Side Assembly:

23 1/2 x 4

6 3/4 x 4

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

SP4SUPB_zps79a95136.jpg

Important notes:

- All boxes built outside the vehicle need to fit in their way in not just have the right dimensions.

- This box should be operated around subwoofer(s) rated power. If that´s not the case, let me know.

- The port needs 4" of free airspace in front of it for proper operation.

- Setting your amp subsonic filter to 28Hz is suggested.

Okay thank you very much . I will measure insides of my truck tomorrow morning . I will be running the recommended 1000rms per sub but eventually upgrading to more power since I read the XFL's can handle Tons of power all day . Also when you say I need 4 inches of free space infront of the port, does it have to be exactly 4" free air space in front of the port l can it be more ? I'm new to this and really need the right box made to hit hard deep bass .

Posted

Also , is 33 hertz low enough to hit deep hard loud bass ? And do you make boxes by chance because my plan was to take your suggestions you give me and take it somewhere to get it built or try it my self . I might try making your suggestions joe x myself . But I will get the demenaions of my SUV in the morning for you . Thank you very much for helping me Joe!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1406 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...