Second Skin Audio

One Sub hitting harder than the other....

Ok, I FINALLY got my subs in and everything wired up this morning. (Had to wake up to feed the lil one @3 and said fuck it, lets do this shit before work)

Anyways, played my first song and one sub is moving more than my other. Here are some specifics on the system.

2-15" Skar IVX DVC 2ohm

Skar 800.1 Amp

Both brand new.

This is my first time dealing with DVC so I made sure I read the manual and a few things online to make sure I hooked them up correct. I pulled the softer hitting sub when I got to work and it seems to be wired correct. I will try and explain this the best I can...I know you all know how to wire so excuse me if I sound retarded..lol. They are wired to 2 ohms to the amp so I have one speaker wire at the back of my box, (+, -) it goes to one sub, + to the + of one VC and - to the -of the other VC and the other + and -'s are jumped. So then I have another run of wire from that sub to the other sub and that one is wired the same. (Im sure you get this, I cant really think how to explain it better) Anyways, the sub that has the main feed from the box with the jumper to the other sub is the one thats not as loud. I havent tested the sub yet but when I pulled it and checked the wires (I pulled them out of the terminals, examined and reconnected. Seemed fine) When I put it back in it seems to be a lil louder and moving more but still not as much as the other.

I havent tuned the amp at all yet. I turned up the gain a little and the LPF is turned up just a little off 35Hz.

Any Ideas??? The amp has a phase adj as well but the book says thats to tune with other amps that run mids and highs which I dont have hooked up yet. What might I be missing? I am going to pull it again at break and test each VC to make sure they are at 2 ohm.

Thanks for any help you can give!!

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

2-Deep cycle Marine Batteries

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

Are you ported? It could be loading strangely. Have you tried swapping the subs. So leave the wires where they are. Then swap the subs, it could determine if its a sub or it could even be wires or some shit

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Slot ported in the middle. Im headed out right now to tear into it again and check everything out.

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

I got it! Idk what the deal was but I swapped the subs around and they both work great now. Its a mystery!!!! Lol.

Thanks guys!

95 Civic 4 door-

Big 3

Ya...Idk....I took them both out, re-checked all my wiring, swapped em, and they poud. Lol. Oh well. Now its on to beaking the ol girls in and trying to get the amp tuned the best I can.....Cant afford a DD-1.

95 Civic 4 door-

Big 3

Archived