Short ride on the VFR without cans (open cat) Motor sounds awesome.

Its all rider anyway, I would much rather have a vfr or similar style bike then 600cc spotbike unless I only rode track.

When I go up on Angeles Crest highway I see guys pass me with their knees dragging on cbr's and right behind them another guy on bmw roadster style bike(standard) going just as fast. Rarely do I see someone with enough skill up there that they actaully use a liter bike or 600 to its full potential. I definitely never will, I ride what I have because its nimble, i sit in a good position for daily, still more then fast enough, and looks great imo. I could never ride my bike to potential on a mountain road.

Just glad to see fellow riders on here. Nice leathers. I need to get some made since season is in full swing now.

I like the VFR and have for a while, I think they took a step backward with the newest model though.

Great motor, I've always had a spot for the rvt1000/RC51 too. Man I was at the dealer buying my bike and almost bought a rvt with 10k on it instead.

Yeah, I looked at an RC51 and a Superhawk before going with the VFR (they were both really banged up) I'm actually running Joe Rocket Atomic textile top and bottoms which have been great bang for buck gear. Its maybe $250 for the set and they are padded on all the joints, vented great for the summer, heavily water resistant (I can ride about 90min in pouring rain before I have to pull off) and with the inserted thermal liner I didn't have any problems riding in the colder temps (40-45 degrees)

When I go up on Angeles Crest highway I see guys pass me with their knees dragging on cbr's and right behind them another guy on bmw roadster style bike(standard) going just as fast. Rarely do I see someone with enough skill up there that they actaully use a liter bike or 600 to its full potential. I definitely never will, I ride what I have because its nimble, i sit in a good position for daily, still more then fast enough, and looks great imo. I could never ride my bike to potential on a mountain road.

You never see them used at their full potential because you really can't and it'd be ignorant to push it that hard on the street.

And I agree the VFR is a great all around bike and in the right hands will keep up with the average sport bike rider.

I can keep up pretty good with sport bike riders, although ground clearance and weight are my biggest issue. I'll drag header pipe on the right side before dragging peg because of the soft suspension and the Vtec lag means that sport 600s usually get the jump on me unless I am prepared and downshifted.

Hey Drew when are you thinking of doing the exhaust?

Post some pics up if you do, I'm very interested.

I will probably end up running an open cat with a turnout tip with a built in baffle. This will save me 16lbs high, so it will lower the center of gravity and I'll end up refiberglassing the tail section.(removing the heat shield) saving more weight and once I get it glassed up and ready I'll sand down the whole bike and repaint it with a metalizer house of kolor base. Maybe blue? green? I haven't decided yet.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

looks sick man!

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Archived