Short ride on the VFR without cans (open cat) Motor sounds awesome.

Nothing crazy here- I was working on the OEM cans and had to run to the hardware store so I tossed on the camera to catch some exhaust sounds.

Thanks for looking

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Thank you Sir !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

In case anybody was wondering-

this is not a sporty inline four motor nor is it a slow curiser Vtwin motor but a hybrid of the two. This is a Honda Vfour motor w/vtech which means under 7k it is only using two valves per cylinder and above 7k it is using all four per cylinder, on the first pull in the corner you can clearly hear when the motor comes alive.

This vid explains it pretty well if you are musically/mechanically inclined.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:

interesting little video. I think im gonna have to look that up to get my head around it though ha. sounds sick though

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Yeah it does!

When I make it a naked streetfighter in the future I will probably run an open CAT- but for right now I have a cutted OEM exhaust to refine the tone a little to match the sleek and refined feel of the motorcycle.

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

Its fun for a little bit but it quickly becomes aggervating lol. I ran my gsxr 1k straight piped for about half a day and it was enough to make me decide to put my can back on. Sounds like a moto gp race anywhere over 5k rpms :P

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

I'm also considering removing the CAT and finding a squarish muffler to take its place under the bike.

All just ideas at this point.

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

gallery_22328_6693_21303.jpg

Pic of cans back on doing a 500mi loop up skyline road in Virginia.

I'll have a GoPro vid up eventually.

-Drew

uhoh_45 said:

Nothing crazy here- I was working on the OEM cans and had to run to the hardware store so I tossed on the camera to catch some exhaust sounds.

Thanks for looking

-Drew

Ditch that cat, got rid of mine on my CB1000r with a yosh 3/4 kit. I always liked the VFR, they have a great engine. My bike shares some parts with yours, rear hub, rotor, sprocket and few other goodies, I just wish the vfr front wheel would fit so I could do a wheel swap.

Bike looks great BTW, and a underbelly exhaust without cat would be sexy on it. I say go for it.

I started my bike straight pipe and sounds crazy, but would be bad for daily use. My exhaust has a little resonating chamber where the cat used to be and short muffler, the tone is awesome, deeper then most that I've heard and not too loud but loud enough.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Archived