Second Skin Audio

skar vvx series question

Why are you curious? These questions intrigue me as to why people ask. At the end of the day, it's still ONLY a 2.5" coil, it has its limits. I'd guess that someone has probably sent 2K to one for burps, maybe more. Daily I'd bet the most you'll be able to send would be 1K to 1200W

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

That amp should be fine for 2. You likely won't see full power out of it so on its BEST day it's putting out 1000W per sub. I built a box for a member on here that ran a BRZ1700 to each( but only at 2 ohms) and they were set with a DD1. He has not had any issues with them. That amp at 2 ohms it's rated at 1200W, so it'd think you'll be fine with the gains on your 2100 properly set. Box design will need to be good as well

I would have gone a little bigger, but he was in the trunk of a Mazda3. In hindsight, I would have given it more air by maybe half a cube. It gets violent though and he's been pleased with it I believe.

Recommended would be fine, you may shrink the internal airspace a little since you'll be overpowering them. You have plenty of space for 2 10" VVXs though. Don't they recommend 33Hz tuning?

Archived