Dell Inspiron 1545 no sound...

My wife has a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop and a few weeks ago the sounds just suddenly stopped working. Ive tried looking it up online on how to go about fixing it but cant figure it out or actually find useful and helpful information on it. I figured since I'm a member here at SMD, some of my fellow gearheads could help me out and point me in the right direction on how to get the sound back. I have no sounds at startup, youtube, SMD, facebook or anything, like a laptop without speakers. If it helps any its a

64-bit operating system with a Pentium® Dual Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

eveything that came from the way it did straight out of the box, any help would be awesome guys. thanks yall and cheers :idiot:

You can try to uninstall the driver and then reinstall.

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/inspiron-1545?dgc=BA&cid=262625&lid=4756320&acd=12309179580294298

On my Dell laptop, I never installed the IDT drivers because the sound worked fine. I installed the IDT drivers and then had all kinds of issues. Needless to say, I uninstalled them and have had zero issues again. My keyboard, well, that's a different story, lol.

Go into programs and features and remove anything that says audio.

Then right click on my computer and go to manage

go to device manager

Go to Sound and Audio devices

Delete everything (when it asks if you also want to delete the drivers click no)

Reboot

???????

Profit.

Archived