Sundown Audio

amp sugestions for cdt audio hd 5/25 and 6/9

keith

I just installed my cdt audio hd series speakers and was wondering is their any amplifier suggestions that anyone could give me I want to feed them any where between 100 and a 150 watts rms. Something that has pretty good sq but doesn't have to be made just for that budget is any where between 350 and 500 dollars thank you any advice would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping someone could give me some amp suggestions, due to the fact that someone stole all my Rockford fosgate amps. I was hoping to find something of similar quality for a cheaper price, if anyone could help It would be appreciated. I am currently running them off my 80 prs and I wanted some suggestions before I by a new amp.

Yes its a full range class D, I had the stigma that class A/B amps are better SQ wise than D until I owned one. To me the benefits of a class D outweigh any marginal and debatable SQ increases you gain going with A/B.

I also own a Boston GT-2200 and a P400-4 which I used for comparison. I love both of those amps and I think the Boston is the best sounding out of the three (that could also be because it puts out 200 per channel @ 4 ohms twice the power) but the install real estate you give up and how hot the A/B's get just turned me off.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Thanks for your comment I will try and here one before I buy it I also want to try and listen to the Rockford t800-4ad ill try and figure it out I read the specs on the alpine amp and it said that it had 0.003 total thd and signal to noise ratio was at 118 that's pretty impressive for a class d amp almost unbelievable. Thanks for the tip will keep on reading and looking at different amps before I make a decision.

Archived