Second Skin Audio

New Box, New amp, or Big 3???

So I have a RE XXX sub in a box in my backseat running on 1200 rms. It's not loud enough for me but I only have enough money for one upgrade at the moment. So which would you choose? A custom box(will only be 2.8ft due to lack of room) that I can fit in the back of my hatch? Or a new 3000rms amp a zrx 3000.1? Or focus on the big 3 upgrade. How exactly will the big 3 effect my systems performance, and in what way exactly? I have a 250 amp alternator already and a yellow top optima battery. Thanks for the input.

Go for the big 3 first and get it out of the way. You will need it if you want to build a big system with-out voltage issues.

Next it to build a "CORRECT" box for the sub you have. I've heard great subs in crap boxes, and they sounded liked exactly like that, Crap, so fix the box.

Wait till later for more amps.... See how much your setup will need and go from there.

Have fun, and take your time

Does this smell funny to you? Its your sister :roflmao:

Proper box in the proper location of the vehicle will yield you the most audible results. A lot can be said about a good enclosure with a good design that is placed properly in the vehicle. Big 3 is a cheap upgrade and no doubt needs done. Start with getting a box designed though, you'll wonder why you hadn't done it sooner once you have.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived