Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

0.5 Ft^3 Ported Sub Enclosure for 6.5" Exodus Anarchy - Design Help


Beau

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am sorry to do this as my first post on this forum, but I have been lurking for some time and have been very impressed with the level of knowledge and help on this site.

I've recently purchased two 6.5" Exodus Anarchy mids that I would like to use for (very) light duty "sub" use. Having emailed Exodus, they suggested a box of 0.4 Ft^3 box tuned to 42Hz. I will independently try my hand using WinISD, but I would like to ask for some help designing a sib box based on the following:

Exoduc Anarchy Specifications:

Re: 6.4 Ohm

Le: 0.84mH

Fs: 45.8Hz

Qms: 6.37

Qes: 0.48

Qts: 0.44

Mmd: 29.4

Mms: 30.25

Cms: 0.4mm/N

Vas: 9.61L

Sd: 131 cm^2

BL 10.79 N/A

SPL: 84.7 dB/1W/1m

Pmax: 125W

Xmax: 12 mm 30% Down Point on simulated BL curve (from model)

Hoped for Maximum Ported Box External Dimensions

Width: 17.5 In

Height: 10.5 In

Depth: 12 In

Net Box Volume: 0.5 Ft^3

I will probably wind up buiding two separate 0.5 Ft^3 boxes, with a common center wall, with both ports adjacent to the common center wall.

I appreciate any help/drawing/suggestions you can provide.

Regards,

Beau

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I thought I would give this one more try.

Is there anyone with ported enclosure design experience that might be able to lend a hand on this.

Posted

Build a common chamber you'll save so much more space with the port

Is 17x10x12 for 2 speakers or just one

Or 35x10x12 for 2

10.5h x22w x12d (side ported)

With a 3" psp port 17" overall including flare

Is 0.4net each 0.8net total @ 36.5hz

Posted

Build a common chamber you'll save so much more space with the port

Is 17x10x12 for 2 speakers or just one

Or 35x10x12 for 2

10.5h x22w x12d (side ported)

With a 3" psp port 17" overall including flare

Is 0.4net each 0.8net total @ 36.5hz

Thank you, John. I appreciate your help.

The 17x10x12 is just for one speaker.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 450 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...