Alpine CDE-121 usb,CD,aux only output through RCA

I am trying to figure out a weird issue involving an alpine cde-121 cd deck. the guys previous install matches perfect with the install wiring for the cde-121. the previous deck outputs treble/mids fine by using the hi level inputs on his factory amp, Since the wiring diagrams for both decks are identical I wired in the alpine unit to the exact same wires as the old pioneer were hooked to. The pioneer had blown the internal rca ground fuse and was sending feedback and burps to the subs even without volume and only medium gain.

So the alpine hooked up fine and there were no signs of these burps or feedback in the subs. BUT that was on the FM input, as soon as we tried to play music from TWO different usb flash drives (one was 4gb the other was 8gb) the only sound we hear is from the RCA's going to the sub amp, the door speakers no longer output any hi's.... no sound at all for that matter.

We also tried his phone via the aux input..... same result, no door speakers would play,..... I said, OK lets put in a cd, that's gotta work..... NO, same result it only outputs through the rca's going to the sub amp. But once we switch over to FM, everything works like normal.

The unit's speaker outputs connect directly to the high level input in the dash that goes to the factory installed amp that plays the front & back door speakers.

The factory speakers are infinity, it's a jeep grand cherokee.

One more note...... even when the sub amp is disconnected no sound will play from the factory amp and speakers on the usb,aux, or cd.

any ideas? anyone familiar with the cde-121? maybe there's a setting I'm overlooking in the manual, but i couldn't find any similiar problem on google for this or any unit.

Archived