wiring question

Ok, so i am in the midst of starting my install (when i get some time off work) and i plan on doing big 3 under hood, 1 battery inside vehicle in rear by the amps, but I am wondering as far as hooking up the rear battery to the under hood electrical should i run the power wire that runs from front of vehicle to rear of vehicle straight to alternator or to under hood battery? I would like to hook it straight to alternator. Of course there will be a fuse close to each battery on every run of power wire. Also, from front of vehicle to rear should i go with 1 run of power wire or 2? Keep in mind all power wire is 1/0 gauge RF wire, power and grounds. There will be only 1 in vehicle battery and power coming off it to each amp separate of course but will it not be enough power coming to the rear battery with only 1 run of power wire? I plan on 1-2 under hood batteries and a single 370 amp Mechman alternator, with only 1 XS Power 3100 in the rear. (pictures in build thread when i start it)

Any questions you have for me to help answer mine just let me know. Thanks

Also, i should add I am open to other options. Second battery inside vehicle, different ways to wire the power etc. etc.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

What's amps are ya running and is the power wire Ofc or cca? How long are the runs from front to back?

2- RF 2500-1bd Power wire is RF 1/0 AWG It will be in 2007 Tahoe so i would imagine the runs will be somewhat lengthy. At this point it is seaming like i will end up doing 2 runs of 1/0 AWG from from Alt to back battery.

Thanks for quick responses guys.

Thanks Josef Naz

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I'm gonna guess the Rf wire is Ofc. Run 2 runs off of the alternator to a battery terminal distribution block like the ones toolmaker makes. At least 2 runs of power to the back. 3 would be better.2 runs of ground from front battery to back also plus grounding it in the back. Fuses in there appropriate places

Allot of guys will run there power wires from their rear batteries straight to the alternator. I do not. That is your choice. I don't do it for a couple reasons. 1 is because of the extra risk of maybe having one of the power wires being rubbed thru the casing that and having the direct heat of the motor being absorbed into the wire itself.

Archived