Help with choosing mids and highs!!

carfreac18

I'm wanting to buy a couple sets of decent component speakers but i don't know what brand to even start looking at or what watt range. I am planning on buying an amp to power them also but if I knew what speakers i was getting I could pick out an amp from there. But I would really appreciate at least the names of the bigger mids and high companies. Thanks!

1998 Mustang GT Yellow

5-Speed Manual, Cold-Air Intake, saving up for 4.10 gears in the rear-end.

(1) 12" RE Audio SRx and a ported box tuned to about 36 Hz.

(4) Memphis Audio 15-PR572V2 Coaxials

(1) Set of Rockford Fosgate Punch P1T-S tweeters

First come up with a budget, what type of vehicle, and placement of speakers. What kind of sound are you looking for? SQ, SQL, SPL? Do you plan to run subs? Lots to think about when planning your system build. Think about it and give more details as to what you want for others to help out. good luck and keep us posted.

If you don't mind waiting 6 months to receive your speakers after you place your order I say go with Crescendo. :lol:

alright thanks! but im already running an RE Audio SRx 12" and i just wanted a little extra oompf out of my mids and highs, make them just a little louder and i have to save up for them because i only have a part time job until i move for college so i dont really care about the price unless its really expensive. Thanks guys!! I'll let you know what i decide to do!

1998 Mustang GT Yellow

5-Speed Manual, Cold-Air Intake, saving up for 4.10 gears in the rear-end.

(1) 12" RE Audio SRx and a ported box tuned to about 36 Hz.

(4) Memphis Audio 15-PR572V2 Coaxials

(1) Set of Rockford Fosgate Punch P1T-S tweeters

Archived