Sundown Audio

Need advise on an amp

angelscream

I don't see very many people running any of those brand amps for subs on here except the guy who posted a picture of a car on fire and his shuts off...

I have been looking at many different amps. Pioneer, Kenwood, Power Acoustik, RE Audio, Lanzar. Just don't know which to choose and what kind of wattage limit I should stay under

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

I don't see very many people running any of those brand amps for subs on here except the guy who posted a picture of a car on fire and his shuts off...

I have been looking at many different amps. Pioneer, Kenwood, Power Acoustik, RE Audio, Lanzar. Just don't know which to choose and what kind of wattage limit I should stay under

Dude, Just shut up. you are so wrong. I'm pretty sure most people run those brands of amps. I mean, pioneer is like known by almost everyone, same for kenwood and lanzar. Those are pretty common names.

Dude, Just shut up. you are so wrong. I'm pretty sure most people run those brands of amps. I mean, pioneer is like known by almost everyone, same for kenwood and lanzar. Those are pretty common names.

ok so would you recommend those brands? I'm not wrong most people don't run those SUB AMPS on SMD....

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Most people on smd actually do run those brands. Just look in this section, every other post is about a Kenwood, pioneer, Hifonics, all the entry level brands. I would say a lot of people here run those brands

Answer my question... Would you recommend Pioneer, Kenwood, Power Acoustik, RE Audio, or Lanzar sub amp to push an Alpine type R.

How did hifonics get thrown in? I do see those a lot and they are recommended.

Most people on smd actually do run those brands. Just look in this section, every other post is about a Kenwood, pioneer, Hifonics, all the entry level brands. I would say a lot of people here run those brands

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

For the price the Kenwood 9015D is a solid amp. As long as you have gains set right and the electrical for it, as for pioneer? I don't have enough experience with them to say, but i have heard a couple and they take a shit load of abuse and put out decent power.

Can;t say for the rest, but saying people who use those brands only burn down their cars is not right. You just alienate new members with that crap.

For the price the Kenwood 9015D is a solid amp. As long as you have gains set right and the electrical for it, as for pioneer? I don't have enough experience with them to say, but i have heard a couple and they take a shit load of abuse and put out decent power.

Can;t say for the rest, but saying people who use those brands only burn down their cars is not right. You just alienate new members with that crap.

No need to get offended because you have ran Kenwood before. I have run Kenwood before too and for the money there is better and that doesn't change the fact that it is not commonly recommended but telling me to shut the fuck up is just ignorant and that is what alienates new members.

When did I say that that guy burned down his car with that amp? The guy didn't take anyone's advice acted like he knew everything and when someone gave up on him he just created new posts on the same topic which you tried to help him. Look at his fucking sig you and you want to defend that shit...

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

I'm not offended because i have ran kenwood. I'm not offended at all actually. I didn't tell you to "shut the fuck up". But you come in here and flame people for using a brand then don't recommend anything better. Seems like you are just trolling to me.

NINJAZ!

Sorry OP i couldn't recommend a good 1 ohm stable amp for 150$ new for you but you might find one used for around that price. I just saw a DD that's does 1000 @ 1ohm for $180

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Archived