Help setting up new home theatre setup

not sure if you decided on a setup. But i went and ordered PSB tower speakers, cant remember the model, ill have to check and then went with the same center channel speaker as well. Im using an Onkyo 808 receiver to power it and for the subs im using a Chase home theater 18.2 (2 18" drivers" in the same enclosure) which came with its own amp.

The tower speakers and the center channel i have just running off the receiver, one day i hope to add amps to them but for now it does everything i want and will definitely get loud. The receiver is also 3d capable so that was a plus for future upgrades, and it also has usb, aux, etc. So i think if you weren't wanting to build all your own stuff looking at some of the forums like avsforums.com or any home theater forums would help you out on ideas for which brands to check out.

If you have any questions feel free to let me know.

Have not decided but did buy a single tower from partsexpress. Looking at some of the subs too. I really only wanted to build my own towers so that I wasn't having four or five different components and use just two towers and finish them pretty nicely but well see how this goes.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=303-500

This is what I purchased, and I know the reviews firmly out the 5f above this, but I figured what the heck since I loved the look of three woofers so much more. Pretty cheap anyways but I'm still open to suggestions as I am not solid on anything. I'll probably keep wasting money until I find a set I like, lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Yeah those dont look bad especially for the price, you cant beat that. Thats what mine are is 3 6.5" drivers along with a tweeter. Theres plenty of potions out there to check out if you decide you ever want to upgrade (PSB, Klipsch, Paradigm Infinity,etc.) The list goes on and on, but home audio to me was like car audio where i was looking to upgrade constantly which is why i have my current setup consisiting of 2 18" subs as well.

If you have a Fry's electronics anywhere close, they have an excellent place to check out some home audio stuff in person, one of the best places i know of. But if you have any more questions let me know. Ive done plenty of research and buying and installing in the last few years.

Archived