Help setting up new home theatre setup

So I'm almost done with the remodeling of my downstairs living room which has always been the movie/tv/gaming room. It will now be geared and dedicated for this purpose alone.

Right now it's just a 70" Samsung smart plasma tv with a Bose cinematic III or something like that which has always done well for gaming and movies...but not so much music. Especially when you have zips of decaf, lol.

I'm needing help and guidance on where to start. I will be upgrading to an 80'' LED magnolia and currently have two 18" FI Qs and four pairs of PRV pro audio mids.

I'd like to use these unless someone intelligent advises something else. I'm not sure what to use to control everything or power it. I would like to do these in two towers.

Hooked up to the TV are two 360s, a PS3, laptop, and cable. I'm not sure what other information is needed but just let me know. Would love to have a killer sound system here ;)

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

• 1 month later...

You'll probably want some PA type amps to run that stuff. Especially the subs since they're gonna want some juice. Gonna add any tweeter to that?

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Pa amps would be the way to go for the subs to get them the power they want.

Regarding the speakers, because you have so many inputs, pro amps will be a little harder to use as they are only one or two inputs.

Not sure what's out there in terms of controllers that have many inputs then also put out high. Mid. Low range outputs at line level which will then go into your pro amps

If you went with a home entertainment amp. The problem will be power and ohm loads. Many of them don't like a load lower then 6 ohms. And are selectable ohm level. Which unlike your car Amp where you wire the subs up to get the load you want. You have to switch the amp to what load. Then match the speakers. It's not a auto sense thing.

Have you got a budget in mind?

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

We don't need to use the Q's or the PRV's. I'm very open to suggestions. I'm wanting two towers that will just dominate music and home theatre as I love watching great movies and play games.

I have no experience with home audio equipment, which is one if the reasons I love the Bose setup. It has it's haters but I love the sound. Movies are great, but the musical response is really limited especially with the type of bass music we love.

Lets say...$1,500. I can bump that up if need be but if there's no baseline I can easily end up spending much more than I need to. Maybe someone who can also design the towers? :)

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Get something like a DBX Driverack PA or the cheaper Berhinger variant to process, a few PA amps to run subs, mids, highs. Then you just need a source, which both the Driverack and the Berhinger piece like it can take unbalanced inputs IIRC. And at that point you could use a home theater receiver as a source, some even have balanced outputs, but that gets into a much higher price range

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

There are amps for these. Try Krell Mono Blocks. Pricey but nice. PA amps are loud when cooling fans come on. Look at Adcom also. Beringher is good for price (xlr)inputs.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

yes, but thats when you build youself a sexy rack to hide everything and keep sound to a minimum

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Archived