Battery Under the Hood

According to interstate batteries site,their battery that fits measures---- W 6.88" x L 9.00" x H 8.75" so that should get some kind of idea.

So it looks like the D3400 is a little to long, the D4100 (I think) would fit but its almost the same specs as the Deka is.

Yea you could probably make it fit but if you're worried about the weight then get a smaller battery. If the Deka is lighter then go that route but find out if they handle being underhood battery,I've seen them as extra batts but not one under a hood so I don't know if they can take the heat.. What are you worried about the weight anyways? The battery tray holding the weight or added weight of the car??

I'll find out about them being an under hood battery. And XS power is rated for the heat?

And weight is a big deal to me because I'm looking to make some decent power out of this car. That's why I have all neo mids/highs, I'm getting two neo 8s, and everything will be made out of birch (amp racks and box). Plus I'm pulling out the stock RF amp, and stock RF 10 in the back.

I hope someday to have a dedicated sound car. But for now this is my DD.

Yes all of the XS D-series and S-series batts are made for underhood just not their XP series batts,those are strictly for additional rear batts. I'll see if I can dig up some info on the Deka's being underhood.

That would be awesome, I was looking at the Deka Intimidator 9A35.

I know the D3400 would be much better though. I hate being picky =/

But you have no idea how much your help means man!

Archived