Battery Under the Hood

I got a phone call (I'm currently deployed) from the g/f and mom saying the battery in my car went bad. I still have the stock system in my car right now but when I get home I will be gutting everything and putting in all new stuff; all speakers, a sound processor, and two amps. (Running about 1500-1600 RMS for a small build).

I do not want to run a second battery and I have never seen a h/o alt for my car.

So my question is what would be the best battery for a daily driver under the hood that can support what I will install?

My stock alt is 130A.

My stock battery is 520 CCA, 65Ah, and 118 RC.

Deka Intimidator is 680 CCA, 50Ah, and 100 RC. (Both should be damn close to the same size and weight)

Do you think the Deka will hold up to the build?

Is there something else of the same size and weight thats better?

Come on guys...I need help with this. They need to get that car moving and I'm not in the states to do the shopping around for the battery. I have limited resources here and could really use some ideas.

AGM battery is fine.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

I'm not a expert in batts, but i have always been told AGM > Lead acid. So i would try and find the biggest AGM you can fit under your hood and do the BIG 3 at a minimum. I had my sundown SAZ-1500d @.5 with the big three and extra batt in the back with hardly any voltage drop.

What kind of car is it? That info would help. What's your budget? Can't believe nobody has asked this yet.. Thank you for your service and get home safe..

Its a 2010 Lancer Sportback Ralliart. And I Dont really have a budget, I Dont want to spend a ton but I'm not looking for a $70 battery either. Thank you for your support!

@lol-My concern is also weight, I know that seems weird but this is my DD. And I may do the big 3 when I get home.

I was also looking at the Interstate MTP-35 with 640CCA, 100RC. But the Deka is an AGM.

Archived