Jump to content

need help with wiring mids and highs.


99blazer

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well this is my first time not running components and I am going to be running 2 dd b-1 tweets and 2 QP-MR6.5s. and the amp it will be on is a Oxygen Audio AIR2PROF550. my question is could I wire them in parallel. the dd b-1 tweets have a in-line 12dB/oct crossover. where would I set my cross over point at. I am new to all this so any help would be appreciated

08 Ford F150

Posted

You could but why not run each speaker on their own channel at 4 ohms? unless you have plans for the rears. The tweeters in line cross over will overlap whatever HP filter you choose for the mids if you do run them in parallel. Frequency response of those mids falls off below 100hz so that would be a good starting point.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 791 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...