Jump to content

Rockford foagate t1 component speakers Need help! crossover, tweeters ,wiring ....


wgilbert21

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi im new to this forum this is my first post. Im not exactly sure if this is the right section or not so I apologize in advance if this is out of place

Any way... So ive been messing around with car audio for the past few years but am still a noob to many things

I recently purchased two pairs of Rockford fosgate T1 5.25" component (4) speakers, 300.4 prime amp , two t1 12's and a power 1000bd amp and have around $165 in all of this gear. besides the 1000bd which is very old but mint condition the rest of the items are practically brand new and I will post pics to show and help with what im about to ask.

The component speakers came with no crossovers or tweeters. What are my options for running these speakers and I already know active is way out of my league so keep that in mind. I feel even though they are missing the tweeters and cross overs this was still a good deal for the Price and would like to run these still . Any help is appreciated

Thanks in advance!

Will

Posted

Find some used crossovers and buy new tweeters. Kinda useless to install if you don't have what you need and not will to go active.

Posted

Ive always heard active is best left to the pros. any suggestions as to the crossover and tweeters ? Ive been reading about the t1 tweeters blowing easily and not sounding the best.

Posted

Also is it necessary to run the mids on a crossover or just buy a tweeter/crossover kit for the highs and use my amps crossover for the mids? This is my first time trying to set up a component Speaker as ive only ran and Installed coaxials in the past. Thanks for helping me

Posted

Its all about budget, how much do you want you want to spend? You can run your mids off your amp as long as you highpass your amp and set the freq at 100hz. As for tweeters its what ever sound good to you and what you can afford. And running active isn't really for the pros just for those with the right set up and knowledge.

Posted

My budget is pretty open but id like the best bang for the buck. And I already know this is not a true SQ setup for most but I just want it equally clean and loud . Not expecting anything over the top.

Posted

Also if I just buy a tweeter that comes with a cross over for the tweeters as ive seen a few kits like this should I wire the tweeters with the mids on my amp or power them off the headunits power? Not sure what the ohms would be if,I wire them with the mids and if the power is correct. The amp puts out ,50x4 @ 4ohms and 75x4 @ 2ohms

Posted

Could I run active by buying a 2way or 3 way active crossover like the kicker kx3 active crossover? Just hook it all up , adjust the frequencies add a inline cross over on the tweeters and im running active like everyone says is hard? Please fill me in on this or correct me if you have knowledge. Would like to install this asap... thanks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 791 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...