Viper 5901 Remote Start Manual Transmission Bypass Module??? How do I activate it...???

I have the Viper 5901 Remote Start/Keyless Entry/Alarm System on 2 of my vehicles, both of which manual transmission. I bought the Viper 5901 and had it installed at Best Buy. After it was installed, I tested it out... it worked, but it shouldn't work while in gear. I contacted Directed Electronics Tech Support, and they told me that the remote start has a bypass module built in so the vehicle while not attempt to start while in gear to avoid your car jerking and hitting another car/person/etc. I asked them how to do it, and they told me that since I am not an authorized technician/installer they could not devulge this "top secret" information to me (sarcasm). I told them that the Head Installer/Shop Manager said there was no way to do it, and I even told the shop manager that DirecTechs were the ones that told me it was built in. Does anyone know what needs to be done for my car to not start/attempt to start while in gear? I have a 1994 Mazda RX7 FD with a Corvette 5.7L LS1 engine swap, and a 1971 Chevy Nova SS with a Corvette 5.7L LS1 engine in it. All the harnesses and wiring under the dash should be the same, even though the engines are different from the originals. I just need to know what to tell the installers at Best Buy so they can correct their mistake. Can anybody out there help me out??

1994 Mazda RX7 with LS1 Swap and 2 - 10" Kicker L7's in Truck Boxes (because of extremely limited hatch space)

2003 GMC Yukon XL with 3 - 12" MTX 9500's and still has the third row seat (over 7.5 cu ft of enclosures behind third row)

1971 Chevrolet Nova with LS1 Swap (work in progress, most likely 4 - 12" Alpine Type R's as I already have them)

1961 Chevrolet Corvette Restomod with LS7 Swap (system upgrade will be one of the first things that I'll do)

Solo Basshead For The Most Part, None Of My Close Friends Have A Passion For It, Nor The Money For It. If I'm Home And Free... Always Looking To Meet Up With A Fellow Enthusiast To Talk Shop Or Do Demos! Hard To Find Fellow Bassheads (Not Crack or Heroin Addicts, I Can Find Them Everywhere) In Baltimore / Mid-Atlantic / DMV areas.

what procedure do you have to do to remote start it?can you start it at any time with the remote?

I just hit the remote start button on my remote, and it will start while in gear or in neutral, but it should only start while in neutral per DirecTechs (Directed Electronics Tech Support/Viper Manufacturer Tech Support)

1994 Mazda RX7 with LS1 Swap and 2 - 10" Kicker L7's in Truck Boxes (because of extremely limited hatch space)

2003 GMC Yukon XL with 3 - 12" MTX 9500's and still has the third row seat (over 7.5 cu ft of enclosures behind third row)

1971 Chevrolet Nova with LS1 Swap (work in progress, most likely 4 - 12" Alpine Type R's as I already have them)

1961 Chevrolet Corvette Restomod with LS7 Swap (system upgrade will be one of the first things that I'll do)

Solo Basshead For The Most Part, None Of My Close Friends Have A Passion For It, Nor The Money For It. If I'm Home And Free... Always Looking To Meet Up With A Fellow Enthusiast To Talk Shop Or Do Demos! Hard To Find Fellow Bassheads (Not Crack or Heroin Addicts, I Can Find Them Everywhere) In Baltimore / Mid-Atlantic / DMV areas.

Additional remote start features

Manual Transmission

If the vehicle has a manual transmission the proper steps must be followed before leaving the parked vehicle or the remote start feature is

disabled.

1. Make sure the engine is running and the doors on the vehicle are

closed.

2. Put the transmission in neutral.

3. Press on the brake in the vehicle.

4. Apply the emergency brake.

5. Release the brake.

Note: Pressing the brake pedal again after this step will disable the

remote start feature.

6. Within 15 seconds activate the remote start from the remote.

7. The parking lights ash 5-times conrming that the remote start is

active. If the parking lights do not ash 5-times, then repeat steps

1 - 6.

8. Turn off the ignition (the car stays running when key is turned off).

9. %XITTHEVEHICLE

10. Arm the alarm (the vehicle should shut off when arming the system).

You can now remote start the vehicle. If a door is opened or the alarm

IS TRIGGERED BEFORE THE NEXT REMOTESTART ACTIVATION THE SYSTEM WILL NOT

remote start but first the foot brake wire should already be hooked up and the neutral safety wire needs to be connected to the emergency brake wire !!

smdsig2.jpg

Additional remote start features
Manual Transmission
If the vehicle has a manual transmission the proper steps must be followed before leaving the parked vehicle or the remote start feature is
disabled.
1. Make sure the engine is running and the doors on the vehicle are
closed.
2. Put the transmission in neutral.
3. Press on the brake in the vehicle.
4. Apply the emergency brake.
5. Release the brake.
Note: Pressing the brake pedal again after this step will disable the
remote start feature.
6. Within 15 seconds activate the remote start from the remote.
7. The parking lights ash 5-times conrming that the remote start is
active. If the parking lights do not ash 5-times, then repeat steps
1 - 6.
8. Turn off the ignition (the car stays running when key is turned off).
9. %XITTHEVEHICLE
10. Arm the alarm (the vehicle should shut off when arming the system).
You can now remote start the vehicle. If a door is opened or the alarm
IS TRIGGERED BEFORE THE NEXT REMOTESTART ACTIVATION THE SYSTEM WILL NOT
remote start but first the foot brake wire should already be hooked up and the neutral safety wire needs to be connected to the emergency brake wire !!

I will work it out with Best Buy. If the Shop Manager doesn't want to help me out, I'll contact the Store Manager and then the District Manager if I can't get help from the Store Manager. I used to work at the Circuit City Roadshop for years, that's how I got most of my equipment, through employee accommodations (discounts) directly through the equipment manufacturers that Circuit City carried. I contacted DirecTechs and specifically asked if my vehicle should attempt to remote start while in gear, they said it should not even attempt to start. They said that the instead of needing the Directed (DEI) 689M neutral safety module, it was built in to their new models (ie. my Viper). Just gotta get the doucher I had install it to believe I'm just not some schmuck who has no idea what he's talking about, and get him to call DirecTechs while I'm in there.

Tell them if they are so sure its done right youll pull it up right next to the edge of their car and hand them the remote to try it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Tell them if they are so sure its done right youll pull it up right next to the edge of their car and hand them the remote to try it.

That's a good idea.

Archived