Circuit City/best Buy Install Talk

yea i work at circuit city. Our installers do have years of experience and do their work well. You can't make a blanket statement because one circuit city did one thing wrong. It happens every day. Computers or car audio. I've had more problems from the local shop than I have ever had from Circuit City.

Now I only know about my store and not others but the guys we have installing here are pretty fucking talented. Considering how limited they are as far as instals go they really don't have to be to do the things that circuit city requires. Idk, we all run into problems with retail stores every now and again.

But do you actually have to have any type of certifications or do they base it off experience that you say you have? What knid of training do they do?

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6Goldwood GW-S650/4 6.5sEA 200a alt2009 Lancer GTSStock jtte2o.gif

off of theodore on infantry, just up the hill a bit from skate west... just up the street from the car wash. by the liquor store. by my friends house... take your pick.

edit: x2 on slims q.

2009 VW Rabbit 2-Door:

Pioneer AVH-X1600DVD

Kicker CX600.1 (Kicker "Certified" 638wrms@2ohm)

NVX VCW124 @2 Ohm, ~1.25 ft^3 Sealed box

Stock Doors; (4) 6.5's, (2) 4's, (4) 1" Tweets

Owner/Founder of RT Photography

Canon Traitor who moved to Fujifilm

oh no man, i'm not blaming your store just my local store.

don't take no offense to this thread.

the one by me is really just bunch of high school kids who haven't been doing installs for long.

Off Topic, wth is T&K? and wheres it located?

i'm not offended. just making a statement. Any body can be hired very easily in Circuit City/Best Buy whatever. It don't take very much to get hired and takes a whole lot to get fired. It's really trial and error to get experienced people to do sales and installs. Especially since CC recently fired all their experienced people. They fired our two installers and rehired them when they realized they fucked up.

oh no man, i'm not blaming your store just my local store.

don't take no offense to this thread.

the one by me is really just bunch of high school kids who haven't been doing installs for long.

Off Topic, wth is T&K? and wheres it located?

Its on the corner of Theodore and i think Infantry. Across from skate west. They are much better than Xtreme.

Hz beat me to it

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6Goldwood GW-S650/4 6.5sEA 200a alt2009 Lancer GTSStock jtte2o.gif

i'm not offended. just making a statement. Any body can be hired very easily in Circuit City/Best Buy whatever. It don't take very much to get hired and takes a whole lot to get fired. It's really trial and error to get experienced people to do sales and installs. Especially since CC recently fired all their experienced people. They fired our two installers and rehired them when they realized they fucked up.

i lol'd

edit: slim, too slow, hit refresh more often :)

2009 VW Rabbit 2-Door:

Pioneer AVH-X1600DVD

But do you actually have to have any type of certifications or do they base it off experience that you say you have? What knid of training do they do?

not sure what they hire based off of. i'm sure some experience will get you hired, but yea they go through some limited training on the computer. mostly technicality stuff. like dealing with customer and protecting the care issues etc. haven't really looked into the training much. But when all you are limited to is prefab box installs and radio installs (with maybe some xm and door speakers install sprinkled in) you can't really fuck a lot of shit up.

not sure what they hire based off of. i'm sure some experience will get you hired, but yea they go through some limited training on the computer. mostly technicality stuff. like dealing with customer and protecting the care issues etc. haven't really looked into the training much. But when all you are limited to is prefab box installs and radio installs (with maybe some xm and door speakers install sprinkled in) you can't really fuck a lot of shit up.

thats my point

its all prefab, so why dont people just do it theirseves?

2009 VW Rabbit 2-Door:

Pioneer AVH-X1600DVD

thats my point

its all prefab, so why dont people just do it theirseves?

90% of the people shopping at circuit city are helpless anyways. everything in that store you can get cheaper elsewhere. so yea the people i sell computer installs to and same with car installs are done for people that don't know how or don't care to know how to do it themselves, as simple as it is.

Plus the radio install is free when you buy one.

Yea I didn't think it was much since there's no custom work being done. I was always curious about that. I actually thought about applying for a job there but I didn't think I had enough installs under my belt yet.

Archived