Jump to content

Circuit City/best Buy Install Talk


Recommended Posts

Posted

he's got a 2002 Grand Am. he said he went to circuit city and they charged him $235 for the gear plus install. He said they drilled into his transmission and now he's having trouble shifting. I was like wtf would they drill into ur transmission? So, I told him to pop the hood and showed him where they would drill a hole, and where his battery was, and all they needed to do was connect the power wire to the battery, run it thru the hole, pull it out from the petals, and to the trunk. he asked how the wires would be hidden, i told him how to peel off the plastic crap where ur foot goes, and how to pull the carpet out, and how to cover it ect. So, now he's gotta find a new transmission for his car. I'm like dude, never go to circuit city or best buy because it's bunch of high school kids saying what they know their doing but really their just fucking everything up. He's so paranoid now he doesn't even wan't a system. They told him that they would fix his shit for free, and to call back in a couple of days, they never did, he contacted them and they said they have no record of him being their, but he has the receipt. I told him, take it to the police station and file a complaint and they'll fix your car up and than some for free. Anyways, I feel bad for the kid because they were also saying they would have to re wire his entire car? And they needed a power source which was his little dome light on the ceiling? i'm like dude, their bull shitting you. I've had my car shit installed from circuit city back in the day and these questions never popped up. So, I just think it's fucked and if anyone new is reading this, don't go to circuit city or best buy. I told him, i'll give him my p3's and my P600 RF amp for $150 bucks but he needs a new car now cuz of these dumb fucks.

has anyone else had circuit city or best buy fuck their shit up?

let's hear sum stories.

basically what happened as I described on page 3 is they completely cut his transmission wire, so their was nothing left, so it couldnt be replaced. 2 fuses on the door had to be replaced as well.

they really fucked up his shit lol.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Posted

They installed my first deck in about 15 minutes, so no complaints.

I don't see why they drilled into the transmission though?

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

-20" RVM "Buck" Wheels

-2.5% Tint

-CompuStar Vizion Alarm

-(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7"

-1 XStatic BatCap Model 300

-2 18" DC LVL 4's

-Amps are undecided

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

Posted

Did he take it to the one by the mall? I've seen the kids that work there and I wouldn't trust them to install batteries in my remote.

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6Goldwood GW-S650/4 6.5sEA 200a alt2009 Lancer GTSStock jtte2o.gif

Posted

There would be no reason to be anywhere near the transmission. Are you sure he did fuck up his own tranny while driving?

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6Goldwood GW-S650/4 6.5sEA 200a alt2009 Lancer GTSStock jtte2o.gif

Posted

i highly doubt they drilled into his tranny. even if they did, why would he need a new car?

his transmission is bad now and he's got over 100,000 miles on it.

slim8605 Posted Today, 10:50 PM

Did he take it to the one by the mall? I've seen the kids that work there and I wouldn't trust them to install batteries in my remote.

I think so, the Joliet mall, he said he lives in Frankford.

I'd rather have him to go to Xtreme Audio I mean, for his wire it'd be like $50 for a kit, and than $100 for the install.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Posted

There would be no reason to be anywhere near the transmission. Are you sure he did fuck up his own tranny while driving?

when he popped his hood, I saw no wires or nothing. He said that his car was fine, he took it to the shop, they tested everything on the car, he said it sounded loud, he pulled out and thats when the system stopped working, and his car won't shift properly. I don't think it's his transmission, I think they fucked something else up but that's what he's saying.

I'm in class with the kid tommorrow, i'll have more info on the situation and i'll also check the receipt and let you know what he got charged for.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4839 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...