Python 881xp & 01 Lin Towncar

I recently bought a python 881XP and the location i bought it from, I asked if the alarm could be hooked up to the horn and not that crap 6-tone siren that is stock for it. and they guy told me that the horn was a negative trigger ? and that it wouldn't be safe to hook the alarm up to it.

second question

If the Alarm is triggered should the starter be in a killed stage. and the car not be able to be started?

And if anyone knows a dealer in Virginia beach Va that can fix any of these problems point me to him cause the place that installed the car seemed like it was too much of a bother after paying 580.00 for the alarm and install. As for I am a network engineer and have no clue about this.

I recently bought a python 881XP and the location i bought it from, I asked if the alarm could be hooked up to the horn and not that crap 6-tone siren that is stock for it. and they guy told me that the horn was a negative trigger ? and that it wouldn't be safe to hook the alarm up to it.

second question

If the Alarm is triggered should the starter be in a killed stage. and the car not be able to be started?

And if anyone knows a dealer in Virginia beach Va that can fix any of these problems point me to him cause the place that installed the car seemed like it was too much of a bother after paying 580.00 for the alarm and install. As for I am a network engineer and have no clue about this.

as for the horn it probally has a 500ma + output which you could use a relay to convert polarity for your (-) trigger horn.

like this:

pos2neg.gif

#2 if the alarm has a starter interupt feature you should use it. i dont know if the starter is diableled with the alarm armed or only when its triggered.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

On DEI products anytime that the alarm is active the starter kill is engaged(ie car will not start).

As for the regular horn trigger if it is a negative trigger... use the brown wire off harness h4... not the brown wire off the main harness.

If you don't like the six tone siren and soft chirps... cut the two black wires coming off the back of the siren... this deletes the tones and gets rid of soft chrip.

hope that helps!

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Both, Thank you for the fast replys.

I will check on this

I did a test with the car the other day to make sure everything was installed. I used the door keypad to unlock the doors which triggered the alarm,

I was able to get in and start the car and put it in gear and drive if i needed to .... which in my eyes really defeats the reason for putting such an expensive alarm ( or expensive in my eyes )

I know alarms only keep the common petty theif honest and the kids from goofing off. but i still want somewhat of a piece of mind that the car will be there when i wake up in the morning.

My shop isnt in the great area of Virginia beach and the down side is that it is even closer to NAS Oceana Air base. so the planes trigger the shock senor all the time. but i want the features to work right when they are ment to .... after all its what i paid for ... right ?

Thansk for the heads up ... I need to try and find a DEI dealer other then the one i went to, to see if i can get them to wire the horn.

Thanks

Ric

KRVS COMPUTERS.

Both, Thank you for the fast replys.

I will check on this

I did a test with the car the other day to make sure everything was installed. I used the door keypad to unlock the doors which triggered the alarm,

I was able to get in and start the car and put it in gear and drive if i needed to .... which in my eyes really defeats the reason for putting such an expensive alarm ( or expensive in my eyes )

I know alarms only keep the common petty theif honest and the kids from goofing off. but i still want somewhat of a piece of mind that the car will be there when i wake up in the morning.

My shop isnt in the great area of Virginia beach and the down side is that it is even closer to NAS Oceana Air base. so the planes trigger the shock senor all the time. but i want the features to work right when they are ment to .... after all its what i paid for ... right ?

Thansk for the heads up ... I need to try and find a DEI dealer other then the one i went to, to see if i can get them to wire the horn.

Thanks

Ric

KRVS COMPUTERS.

Yah it sounds like your starter kill is not hooked up... some shops don't unless you ask for it(usually charge extra)...

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000