Sonic Electronix

Starting my system in my truck and need help

Okay so I got my truck about a year ago and it needs more base so here's what I was thinking about putting in it.

First off here's what I already have. My truck is a 2003 dodge 2500 cummins turbo diesel. It's lifted 6 inches and has 20 inch rims wrapped in 35s soon to be 33s.

My head unit is crap and is something from the previous owner a Jensen flip out with a big screen. the auxiliary in is already braking. The truck has Dodge's premium sound system in it though so it has 3 tweeters in the very front (left,middle,right) then in each door is a 6x9 and in each back door is a 6 inch or 4 inch not sure.

Anyways what I am looking for is more base so here's what I was thinking about getting.

The speakers are alright so I don't need to change them right away

My head unit would be a Pioneer DEH-X6500BT Mobile Single Din In Dash CD/MP3 Receiver with Bluetooth, MIXTRAX and Pandora

next my box .......this has been a hard one... I've searched and searched and this is the best I could come up with. Some guy makes what he calls a fox box and here is the one that fits my truck.

http://www.foxacoustics.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DQC%2D210%2DV

Next are the subs right? Well I have no idea if they will fit because I don't know the diameter of the magnets of them......I really want to get sundown. some sa-10s. The depth is right but I am not sure about the diameter of the magnet being to big.

And then next is the amp and I really have no idea on this.

I was thinking maybe a sundown SAZ-1500D

Another thing is I don't know all about the ohms and everything. Like why to buy a 2 ohm sub or a 4 ohm or how to wire the amp down to 1 ohm or whatever.

If I could get any help at all I would really appreciate it! Thank you !

I'm a car audio nub as of right now. Sorry

Fi woofers have a basket with an inner mounting diameter of 9.25". that box you linked to says 9.125. you're going to have to shave off an extra eighth inch from both holes if you want a Fi woofer to fit.

Archived