Sonic Electronix

Sound Leakage - & - What all do I need?

(Two small threads in one)

So I'm upgrading the factory sound system in my car, and while I'm at it I might as well try and fix the sound leakage. If you're outside the car you can hear a very noticeable amount of the music. I'm pretty sure there's a simple solution and I just need to know. Is all I do just add some sound dampener to the doors? The most sound is coming from the bottom of the door near the speakers.

I'm upgrading the Head Unit, door speakers, and rear speakers. The head unit is a Kenwood KDC-108, front door speakers are Rockford Fosgate P142's and the rear speakers are Rockford Fosgate P16's. And what I'm asking is, what all do I need installation wise besides a dash kit for the HU? i.e. Extra wires/adapters/cords/plugs/connectors/nuclear reactors etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

FF8BgH6.png

1993 Toyota Tercel

Two DC Audio Lvl 2 12's
DC 1.2k

Use sound deadener for the sound leakage. Most people on this site would suggest second skin damplifier or damp pro.

You also need a harness to hook your new head unit up to your car.

Car: 2000 Ford Focus 4 door

HU: Kenwood KDC-X395

Front Highs: stock

Back Mids: Stock

Subs: Skar VVX-12 ( 1.79 f3 tuned to 32 hz)

Amp:Audiopipe APSM 1500 mini

Wiring: KnuKoncepts Kolossus 4awg

deadener for sure. not peel and seal $12 a roll roofing shit from home depot. actual deadener like second skin or audio technix. its a little pricey but its fuggin worth every penny.

extra wires? not that i can think of. you MAY need some speaker wire for the 4 speakers, or you can probably just get those little converter plugs they sell on crutchfield and elsewhere that are just 2 bare wires on one end and a plug that fits into the stock speaker plug, so you can hook up your aftermarket speakers without having to cut wires.

when i had my 94 corolla, it came with shitty plastic rear 6.5" brackets that i had to dremel the crap out of in order to fit regular 6.5's (depth-wise) because the bracket tapered on one side which did not allow anything but the stock speaker magnet to fit in. idk if thats how your tercel is though.

And by wiring I mean the wires running from the HU to the speakers, if I need something extra/better for the new stuff coming in. Like an adapter for the new HU or something. I'd just like to know ahead of time so I don't get to it and sit there like "well shit" :shrug:

I hope I'm making sense.

FF8BgH6.png

1993 Toyota Tercel

Two DC Audio Lvl 2 12's
DC 1.2k

Archived