Poor wording, I tried to fire it but I didn't have the battery hooked up so it didn't do anything, and I realized I probably shouldn't just try to start it up, which is when I went back under the car and tried turning everything

Car: 1995 Jeep XJ Cherokee Sport 4.0L (2wd)

Headunit: Pioneer AVH-P5000dvd

Front Doors: blown stock

Rear Doors: blown stock

High amp: none (for now)

Subs: 12" Kicker L7 D4

Sub amp: JL Audio 500/1v2

Wiring: Stinger Pro

Speaker wire: Stinger 12g

I was going to help but im having second thoughts. I have done literaly humdreds of these and more than ten on different years of this same car. If your going to be contradictive or dishonest i cant help.

I just wish i had a funny sig.

I'm not trying to be either, I'm not very experienced but I've done water pumps which is why I took the job, I've been working on this very thing for the last 3 days and i haven't actually tried to start it since I took it apart. Between working and trying to get this car fixed I've only slept about 3 hours a night since this happened

Car: 1995 Jeep XJ Cherokee Sport 4.0L (2wd)

Headunit: Pioneer AVH-P5000dvd

Front Doors: blown stock

Rear Doors: blown stock

High amp: none (for now)

Subs: 12" Kicker L7 D4

Sub amp: JL Audio 500/1v2

Wiring: Stinger Pro

Speaker wire: Stinger 12g

Well, I've said what i can say. If you did crank the engine with the starter or even if you turned the crank by hand and you had it timed wrong there is a very good chance you bent some valves. it takes very little to bend them.

I think you may be in over your head now and it's sink or swim. Do like i said and get a shop manual, go through it step by step. We could walk you through it all day long and it won't be as good as a manual that you can have sitting on the fender with pictures.

Like i said, if you bent some valves then you are going to have to pull the head and hope you get luck enough they can be bent back.

Good luck.

Yup you need a manual and some luck. Iv never bent a valve by hand but iv never went monkey strong on em either. I have made the mistake of loosing time and learned my lesson. Only did it once. Good luck. Be prepaired to pull the heads and pay the machine shop.

I just wish i had a funny sig.

Archived