Afficionado's Grand Am trunk build

Hello all and welcome to my build log. I recently got this car, a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am, 4 cylinder 5 speed.

This is my first real build and i am still a student. My main priority in life is health and fitness and lifting, car audio is my hobby. Regardless, i still love car audio, i just have little knowledge on it. so PLEASE feel free to give me tips and tricks and lots of help because i will take all of the advice i can get.

Also, i just got engaged four days ago, and i have to save money for the wedding, for school, i still owe my parents some money for my motorcycle, etc. So my build won't be like some people here that have crazy excess money, at the same time, it is a small build and i won't drag it out forever.

I live in Maine and the bass community is tiny...we have one competition a year i think, and that is July 28th. My goal is to be able to compete in that, just for fun.

The build...

from the top...

Headunit- Pioner AVH-P2400BT

Mids and Highs amp- Rockford T400-4

Mids and highs- (TEMPORARY until i get extra money, this is just for now so it plays) Rockford prime series 4" (they sound awful by the way)

Sub amp- Rockford T2500-bdCP

Sub- Sundown Z v.3 12"

Alternator- Mechman 240 amp

Batteries- XS Power D3100 and D1200

Wire- Using the Rockford wire i have right now until i get the money to pick up some more Sky high

I do not have quite all of the equipment yet, but i am working on it, i have a BUSY schedule and this is my FIRST build, so i do what i can with what i have.

Norridgewock-20130625-00160_zpsf554d69d.

100_2723_zps9405db72.jpg

100_2715_zps9367bcf3.jpg

100_2714_zpsc3b5ea25.jpg

100_2713_zps8e8ce364.jpg

100_2713_zps8e8ce364.jpg

100_2711_zps0b3d4bd5.jpg

expect more pictures today.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

What part of Maine?!!?!??! Finally a fellow Mainah!!

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

2-Deep cycle Marine Batteries

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

What type of setup are you going to run??

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

If you search google you can find another grand am build. He may be able to help you out a bit. Real nice guy. I had a grand am and the largest box you can fit without building in the trunk is like 4 cubes. But if ur not afraid to trim a bit i think you can fit 6 cubes

What part of Maine?!!?!??! Finally a fellow Mainah!!

someone else from maine?! no way!

I'm central maine. Waterville/skowhegan area, and you?

I have the same car. Is yours a 2.2?

yes sir.

What type of setup are you going to run??

hm, what do you mean? all of my gear is in the OP.

If you search google you can find another grand am build. He may be able to help you out a bit. Real nice guy. I had a grand am and the largest box you can fit without building in the trunk is like 4 cubes. But if ur not afraid to trim a bit i think you can fit 6 cubes

oh sweet, thanks. I think either of those sizes will be much too big for a 12" z though, right? especially on a T2500 bdCP

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

No Shit! I live in Corinna! Lol

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

I had to cut mine out of my Civic to fit 2-15s in a 6 cube box.....Just adds a lot of work on the other end to pretty it up....

95 Civic 4 door-

Big 3

Archived