tony_collett16 Posted July 10, 2013 Report Posted July 10, 2013 Hi all, I would very much appreciate some advice. I have a bmw e36 convertible and I have built a wedged subwoofer box through the ski hatch. I currently use a B2 Audio 8 inch subwoofer from Sweden and its great. Althogh I would like some more SPL and I love the look and sound of the SA 8, although I have never built a vented box. The measurements are as follows (using the RF box wizard online: Height 9 inches Width 9 Inches D1 - 21.5 inches D2 - 18.5 inches Internal VB - 0.6 cubic feet. So its a long rectangle box, with the current subwoofer and possible SA8 mounted at the front and the vent would have to be at the rear of the box. Could some people give me some ideas of how to be make a vented box using the above measurments and tuned to a good frequency for a SA8? I know its a lot to ask, and many thanks in advance. Tony
01B4000 Posted July 10, 2013 Report Posted July 10, 2013 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/38791-torres-box-tuning-calculator-updated-818/page-29?hl=%2Bbox+%2Bcalculator#entry2517899 Use this calculator and I'd tune the box to about 35hz for SA-8. You also need to make sure you have 12-16 quare inches of port area per cubic foot for it to vent properly. Good luck 1 Kicker 10CVX124 12 inch woofer Oldschool 2 Channel 400 watt rms Kenwood Pionner DEH7500 Headunit Pair of Alpine Type R 6x8 on headunit power Termlab- 138.0 sealed 139.2 db w/ windows down Redneck build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/171829-redneck-stereo-in-mazda-b4000-repost/ NEXT SYSTEM- 2 Soundqubed SDC 2.5 15s" Cadence 2500.1 Amplifier (1200 watts) 4 6.5s Cadence fiberglassed in doors (Not sure which brand to go to) 4 1" tweeters in front pillars 2 6.5s Cadence in rear pillars 2 Cadence 800.4s
ToNasty Posted July 10, 2013 Report Posted July 10, 2013 Best size I've found for sa8 is .75 after displacement with 14" of port per cube ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
tony_collett16 Posted July 12, 2013 Author Report Posted July 12, 2013 Thanks for the advice. I must say I have never built a vented box before, so it will be cut, glue and hope for the best. Can you tell me what type of port would best suit the box I have. It would like something like this I have found this off one of the forums. So basically my sub would be facing out to the left from the box and the port would be at the other end. Would a port like this be suitable. Also if someone good with maths can teach me how to measure the port size and length as I have never done this before. The box is basically 9X9X20. Thanks again for the replys.
tony_collett16 Posted July 12, 2013 Author Report Posted July 12, 2013 I found a few port calculators online and this is what I can come up with using my box size. The freq set at 35 and volume of .6, I will use a slot port 1 inch wide by 7.5 high (similar to the picture). I have been given 2 lengths of 24.7 and 25.2, does this sound about right?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.