port direction

Ok guys, still new to the forum and not sure if this is in the correct place, sooo. Im fixin to build a box for my 2 RE SE-X 12d4s, have box dimensions already built. I dont have a lot of room to move the box around since its max width and part of the port is external and almost reaches maximum depth. This is all in a Jeep Wrangler YJ(1993). I just want to know if it will be louder port forward or port backwards, because once its in im not pulling it back out and moving it. 4.21 Cu ft after displacements, 1000 watts, 4 4" pvc pipes that i need to have aero ported, 25 inchs a piece, tuned to 32~ hz, 7inchs of port is external, 11.93 port area per foot

In Progress of building

Headunit: JVC KDR-540

Wires: Execution Audio 1/0 CCA front to back and big 3

Amp: RE Audio dts 1500.1

Subs: 2 RE Audio SE-X 12d4s

Stock Jeep Battery and 137 amp alternator

2 pioneer 6x9s and 2 jvc 4" speakers

1993 Jeep YJ Wrangler 4.0 automatic

• 2 weeks later...

port back, havent heard anyone have luck with trucks/suvs ported to the front (except wall but that should be common sense since you can only port forward on a wall).

of course this is also assuming you will have 4" of clearence from the port to the back of the jeep. its got to have room to breathe.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived