Second Skin Audio

Certain kind songs hertz can cause protection if not tuned box?

wowfun2

My friend just got 4 15's L7 Kickers in his tahoe installed very clean and nice sounding system I wanted to play one of my decaf song on his system but then suddenly his amp went into protect mode the song I was playing called Put On Young Jeezy (25hZ). I know I notice his box isn't design for low hertz, however other songs I played was going fine 30hz and above.

He is using 2 Q1-3500D.1 Amp running 2 Ohms w/ 0 gauge wire kit.

2 12 Kickers CVR | Kenwood 9105D @ 2 Ohms | Box tuned 39 hertz low custom | Nissan Maxima 01 SE 3.5 | I have no idea what my dB at :shrug:

"If you hear me Booming around the block then you better be prepared to call the police on me before I drive-by your house!" :roflmao: :asskiss:

"Boom cars so goddamn loud it ridiculous, hey excuse me what about your fartcan back of your car vroom, vroom!" :crazy:

What's is his electrical like. Them amp will run .5 on good electrical no problem. Well mine has for me. You say Q 3500.1 you mean the new AQ right? And there are a lot of smart people here who can help way better than me. Something doesn't sound right. I do think and can be wrong, but box plays a good role in the lows.

Hey I apologize for the lat reply he is running stock electrical system except he does have 1 XS power under the hood with stock alternator... I believe tahoe comes with what 200 amps... correct me if I'm wrong. Yes it is AQ amplifier great amp he bought 2 of those off craglist for insane price only $500... I looked up online about that amp goes for $700! I would assume that amps was stolen from someone else...

He's really lucky he doesn't realize the price and doesn't realize how much power it provides. I was shocked and jealous!

2 12 Kickers CVR | Kenwood 9105D @ 2 Ohms | Box tuned 39 hertz low custom | Nissan Maxima 01 SE 3.5 | I have no idea what my dB at :shrug:

"If you hear me Booming around the block then you better be prepared to call the police on me before I drive-by your house!" :roflmao: :asskiss:

"Boom cars so goddamn loud it ridiculous, hey excuse me what about your fartcan back of your car vroom, vroom!" :crazy:

My guess is, needs way better electrical to support that amplifier.

2007 Ford Ranger

(ALL YET TO BE INSTALLED - DUE TO WORK SCHEDULES)

K&N Performance Air Intake

Massive Audio D2400 Mono Amplifier

2 Custom Built 8" Subwoofers in Ported Enclosure

Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In Dash Double Din DVD Player (Video Bypassed)

4 - Pioneer TS-A6886R 6" X 8"

2 - SMD Heavy Duty Single ANL Fuse Blocks

2- Stinger SPP1200 Dry Cell Batteries

JL AUDIO Interconnects

2/0 Gauge Big 3

ILL Customz 8 Spot Flat Lug Style Bolt Down Terminals

ILL Customz 1/0 to 4 Gauge Power / Ground Reducers

Factory Alternator

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2002 Cheverlot Monte Carlo SS - (Deceased)

2 - Rockford Fosgate Power 1501BD
1 - Rockford Fosgate Power 851x
Rockford Fosgate Power 6 1/2 Components
Rockford Fosgate Power 3 way 6x9
2 - JL Audio W7 13.5" Subwoofers (Sealed)
Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In - Dash DVD Player
Pioneer AVIC - U250 - Add-on GPS Navigation System
Audio Control 6XS 4 Way Crossover / Line Driver
Ohio Generator 200 Amp Alternator
3 - Stinger SPP1200 Batteries
1 - Optima D34/78 Battery

Hey I apologize for the lat reply he is running stock electrical system except he does have 1 XS power under the hood with stock alternator... I believe tahoe comes with what 200 amps... correct me if I'm wrong. Yes it is AQ amplifier great amp he bought 2 of those off craglist for insane price only $500... I looked up online about that amp goes for $700! I would assume that amps was stolen from someone else...

He's really lucky he doesn't realize the price and doesn't realize how much power it provides. I was shocked and jealous!

I don't think he realises it takes power to make power either. Are the amps strapped at 2 or gain matched?

What's his voltage drop like too?

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

He is going to install stinger voltage meter his gain settings were way low than half way knob to reduce the voltage... but I'm gonna take a look at myself tomorrow see whats he is up to. Yes he is running at 2 ohms he could run at .5 ohms but the subs aren't design for it.

I did knew somehow his stock electrical isn't proving enough power to handle the amps it self after it went into protect mode but oddly other of his songs was working fine above 35hz not any lower 25hz of my decaf songs.

voltage is probably too low. 8k on like 4k worth of woofers?

he NEEDS a high output alt and a few group 31 agm batteries. if he doesn't have any of that, he's literally going to fuck up those amps very soon.

Can't imagine how low he is dropping... I dropped my old AQ2200 to 9v's once on accident and it didn't even go into protect.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

and i hope to god he has 0 gauge in all 4 pairs of power inputs. if he doesnt have 4 power and 4 ground 0 gauge wires going into the amps, then he needs to fix that fucking ASAP.

Archived