Jump to content

Dodge infinity system, what sizes do i have!?


adam6604

Recommended Posts

Posted

been doing a lot of googling and I can't seem to get a correct answer, I drive a 2008 dodge ram 2500 mega cab with the 7 speaker system, no nav. I just swapped out he H/U for a single din alpine, and installed 2 10" Type R's ( 1000rms models ) and my hifonics BRZ 2400.1D, now when I turn it up ( as much as my electrical will allow ) the front door speakers distort really bad, they try to play the low notes and fail. lol I do everything I can with the H/U to stop them from playing those notes but I just can't. So I want to replace all the speakers with better ones and hopefully this will help? I'm a complete noob when it comes to mids and highs, I have had good luck with just replacing OEM for aftermarket and calling it good lol so what speakers do I have? I think its 6x9 in fronts, 5.25 rears and im not sure whats on the dash?

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

Posted

Whats the headunit? Whats the headunit crossovers on the head unit? Did you turn off the headunit amp? You should get an aftermarket amp for your speakers when you go to get new speakers, and bypass the stock amp altogether if you have a stock amp.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Posted

yeah was talking to another member, and I didn't even try to adjust the headunit crossovers, forgot all about that, lol ill do that tomorrow and see how they are. my buddy's trucks stock infinity system sounds pretty darn good, i don't want anything crazy in my truck anyway so cheaper the better. lol ill play some more tomorrow.

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

Posted

You have a seven speaker setup right? 2 in dash, 2 in front doors, 2 in rear doors, and the sub is probably in the rear of the truck in like a bar like thing right?

**Edit** 2 tweeters in dash, 2 door speakers, 2 read door speakers

***Edit 2*** Dash - 3 -1/2,

Front Door - 5-1/4"(With Bracket) 6-1/2"(With Bracket) 6"x9"(Exact Fit),

Rear Door - 6-3/4"(Component set Exact Fit) 5-1/4"(With Bracket) 6-1/2"(Fits with bracket) 6-3/4" (Fits with minor altercation 2 way system)

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Posted

Whats your absolute lowest budget for 6 speakers and an 4 channel amp? or a component set in the front and coaxle in the rear?

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Posted

the truck doesn't have a sub that I could hear/find. lol ill play with the headunit right now and see if I can change the h/u crossover to stop them playing below like 70hz or something.

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1164 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...