Sonic Electronix

Ok, so rite now I have a Hifonics Bxi1605d mono amp. It's powering 2 10" Kicker L7's. I want to add maybe 1 or 2 more 10" L7's to the mix though. Is it possible to keep just the one amp? Will any problems occur? I only see 2 jacks for the sub wire thats why im asking...

Please let me know asap.

Sorry for the newbie question. still learning. :(

Thanks

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

alright first of all what Voice Coil cofiguration are you running on your L7's (2 ohm DVC's or 4 Ohm). with 4 L7's no matter what configuration you use u are going to not be able to give your subs enough power to really push them, it would still bump a bit but to reach theri RMS ratings you would be off by about 800 watts, with three you could do it but would still not be powering your subs to their full potential.

but to answer your question you should probably go ahead and upgrade your amp and get a few more subs if you can because your current amp doesnt really have the power to do it. and yes you can connect multiple subs to your amp by wiring them together in either a series or parallel configuration.

1996 Mercury Sable Stationwagon

- Infinity Kappa 682.7 cf's front and back

- Alpine Pdx-4.100

- Hifonics Txi 1008D

- Fi 12" Q, ported at 33Hz

- Kicker distribution hardware

- (1) Kicker 4 gauge run

Plans....

- Sound Processor (Rockford 3sixty.2 or MTX)

- Dynamat

- another Fi Q 12

- H/O alternator

- Aftermarket Headunit

- Component set for upfront

bump

just get another of the same amp, easiest thing, no i wouldnt run all 4 off 1 but depending on the vc config it can be done, but i wouldnt do it, maybe with like a rf 3k or sundown 3k or something larger then yea, but not with that amp

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

just get another of the same amp, easiest thing, no i wouldnt run all 4 off 1 but depending on the vc config it can be done, but i wouldnt do it, maybe with like a rf 3k or sundown 3k or something larger then yea, but not with that amp

I'm running 4 subs off a single KX2500.1 I see nothing wrong with it :huh:

Ok thanks, if thats the case then i may just wait and get me a Fi BTL 18".

do you think 3 is possible? or still no? i dont want to have to buy another amp because i want to upgrade to the BTL within the next 6-9 months anyway i just was "enough" bass to get me there lol.

Thanks

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

Archived