Sundown Audio

Sundown Audio or Alpine for ~650 watts rms @ 2 ohms

wrexxy

Basically ordering an amp today or tomorrow and I've been debating between the following 3 amps:

SAZ-1000d, SAZ-1200d or Alpine MRX M-110

Guna be running it at ~650 rms @ 2 ohms and would like to have extra head room (but have the availability @ 2 ohms to run ~950 rms as head room). I know the Sundowns are usually underrated, but come with more of a premium price than the alpine.

SA-8 v2 sub in ported box for reference.

Don't want a vs. thread, but would like some personal experience. Had an m-500 alpine amp on my last system and that thing got HOT.

My main goal is to be able to run the wattage i want and have the amp stay nice and cool.

well honestly i would get the sundown just because their amps are pretty damn good. the alpine is more of a basic amp. a friend of mine has the MRP500 or something like that, and after playing for 15-20 mins it get hot as hell. really has no ventilation and relies on the heat sink... poor design. but will do rated. but just get the sundown...

If price is what's holding you back from sundown, check out carstereogiant and db-r for open box/ refurbished amps. Both have some kind of warranty still

2004 Escalade Ext

Pioneer avh8400

Kicker ix500.4

Kicker ix1000.1

Kicker hyperflex 0+4 awg

Sundown X-15

Sundown Sa-6.5c x2

KnuKonceptz 4 channel Rca

Rockford Fosgate 2 channel Rca

SkyHighCarAudio 14awg speaker wire

Build Log

Archived