Thoughts on my setup?

Bsing

I'd save a little money on an amp and get a processor. it'll give you a lot more options with an active setup.

Just Googled his headunit ... He does not need an additional processor.

That headunit has everything he needs built in ...

I understand what your getting at, 20% equpment 80% install.

For me its more like 50 / 50 ... One simply can not work without the other. I'm not going to install a 150.00 component set into a custom built dash that costed me around 800.00 for materials and labor ...

My plan is to put the tweeter and midrange in the stock hole in the dash and the midbass driver in the door stock position. If I doesn't sound sound like i want it I put do a mock setup with the midrange and tweeters in the pillars or just the tweeters.

Absolutely ... its all about testing and tuning !!! ALWAYS have a Plan B availiable ...

For amps I will try to run a couple 2 channels but I don't know if my budget will allow it I know for sure I could do one 2 channel and 1 four channel. Might find some deals on other sites.

For now, run your rears off of the headunit, you will not need much power at all on them. This will save you money here alone.

2 way acitve works really nice !!! with that headunit and 2 nice 2 channel amps, you should have no problems testing and tuning this out !!! This way you can separtately time align and EQ the midbass and tweeters sepatately !!!

Best of luck brother !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

What are you running for a system cableguy?

Kenwood DNX9980HD headunit

Blues Car Audio 5.25" passive component set in the dash

Blues Car Audio 6.5" midbass drivers in the doors

4 10" Blues Car Audio subs Isoberic style ported and tuned at 24 htz

2 Linear Power 2150s (mids and highs) 600 watts

1 Linear Power 2250 (subs) 800 watts at 8 ohms mono

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived