Another F-ING tire today, 7-22-13 , Had a blowout today, how far did I make it? running flat on non run flats, pics and videos, IMPRESSIVE!

purplesyrup

One thing i have always noticed, is these low profile tires will go quite a long time blown out, I was about 1 hour and 15 minutes from my house, in another city, and noticed my tire started sounding loud, I drove approx 3 miles on it until I got to a gas station to put air in the tire, wen i started putting air in I immediately could smell the inside of the tire and heard the air coming out,

I get down and look, on the inner trread there was a 3" long blowout on the inner sidewall,

Well, my only option was to see how far it would last, I drove normal, about 40 mph to the highway (another 5 miles), then on to the highway where I drove 65 MPH, i was not worried about loosing control of the car because it was a rear tire.

I ended up going exactly another 20 miles before I could start smelling it, so I pulled over at a gas station, where I was stranded for a little over an hour. the tire is still in once piece, but the inner sidewall is starting to deteriorate, but still there,

Literally 2 minutes after I get to that gas station, a Northstar battery representative called me to chat about some things,

"Whats going on" he said, I was like well, i just got stranded from having a blowout, not sure how im going to get back home just yet but im an hour away,

his words exactly, "Text me the address, I have an 18 foot flatbed trailer I'll go pick up right now and be there in about an hour to get you and your car."

One thing I will add, is that I have never met this guy in my life, we have just had a couple of phone conversations.

??? WOW, this guy saved me from a $300+ tow truck expense, he did not ask for any money, but I still gave him $60 for gas, which im sure more than took care of the fuel, but anyways I had some bad luck then some luck all at the same time.

(and no i dont have a spare, i have a wine barrel)

anyways, lol I took a little video for fun while I was on the edge of my seat going down the highway.

So I roughly made it almost 30 miles on a completely blown out tire driving the speed limit on a highway.

Thanks a billion northstar battery dude!

XS-power1.jpg

I have the follow up video uploading now, showing the tire, the giant gash from the blow out, and just overall how it held up for 30 miles, 20 of those miles at 65 mph,

This is why I have always said these tires are almost like run flats, because you can run them flat, and as long as you are not out of town like I was, legitimately make it where ever you need to go.

XS-power1.jpg

here is what the tire looks like, i just took these, held up fucking great, dont have a pic of the gash, but the giant gash is clearly visible in the video I just took before i pull the car in the garage, again, i bet I could have gone quite a bit further, but 30 miles is pretty incredible on a non run flat tire

ygpc.jpg64rv.jpg

XS-power1.jpg

Good thing it didn't slide off the rim... That would have been bad... As the tire passes you "Hey lookie someone lost a tire... Wait that looks like mine... OH Shit..."

2010 Chevy  HHR Panel (Work in progress)

Pioneer AVHX-5800BHS

McLaren MLM880's and MLT2's 2ea per door on a DC 175.4

Two DC Audio M4 Level 5 15's On A DC5K

Alt CES 200/270+

4ea Banks of Maxwell 2.7v 3000f caps for a total of 2000f

1ea XS 3100 and 2ea NSB FT170 Batts for 450+ah 

Not a HUGE build but here it is... DC Audio HHR Build

TDH-skater229.jpg
SkaterLogo.jpg

Just put some air in it.. You'll be fine.. Oh wait. lolol :nuts:

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Archived