Skappa's Holden VS Commodore Wagon: GONE. 30/07/2014

27/09/2012

$80 for a complete new rear bumper, winning!
yje3avyb.jpg

Took the old bumper off to see how it all bolts up.

This is the left side, which is normal.
img0657iq.jpg

This is the right side and how mangled it is.
img0659z.jpg

I thought after seeing the fuse blown I might as well kill two birds with one stone and install the new universal antenna, it's quite noticeable but I done care, it's in and staying there.
equ6azu5.jpg

Now for the grand finale.........
4e9eqyzy.jpg

She's complete!

I'm tuned in for sure

Stay around then, more previous updates coming along :)

28/09/2012

I got some goodies today since I got another loan to get my car back to Adelaide!

The trans got a service with a new gasket and filter (Thanks to Burson's, cheapest place in Warrnambool for ANYTHING automotive related).

On one other note one of my mates changed the oil over when I was gone to 10W40 full synthetic, I noticed it idles a bit better.

img0668fs.jpg

Then the hulk decided to take a wizz in the driveway.

img0667c.jpg

I must say the new coolant makes it run a bit warmer when idling, but not that much though, also bled as much air as I could for a good half hour :)

29/09/2012

First we were off to Repco and this happened.

img0670eg.jpg

Which turned out to be all this.

img0672s.jpg

Fist I got down to doing the globes while my mate done the spark plugs, the old globes are on the left.

They are Narva +50 H3 and H4 globes.

img0673xi.jpg

The plugs DEFINITELY NEEDED TO BE CHANGED!

img0674quy.jpg

All that's left to do is the oil and filter, then new 81* thermostat and gasket.

06/10/2013

Anyway here's an update!

On Wednesday night at my Mums house when we walked through the door, she gave us the good news that everything was all good to go for putting my car on the train, guess again..

We got a call from my sister (who was the only one that could book our tickets) on the Geelong expressway (1 hour from Melbourne) saying that she didn't get the tickets and I can't put my car on the train, thanks for clarifying that Mum when we're over halfway there.

So at 6:00AM yesterday morning 5 of us left Warrnambool to get my car to Melbourne and it didn't skip a beat until we got to Footscray in Melbourne.

The engine light came on and I was weary enough to pull over and check the error codes and what would be causing the very sluggish take offs from the lights and why the engine was running a bit warm.

So after checking the codes it came out with codes 32 (MAF out of range) and 66 (3-2 shift solenoid fault- which leads to "limp mode" which only gives you 2nd and 3rd gears to work with and you have to manually shift to make it easier).

So we called the mechanic for some advice and he told me to take the negative terminal off the battery, if only I had an adjustable spanner to do so, he also advised to take the engine fuse out "which would do the same thing" so I followed his instructions and still, the error codes were there.

After sitting on the side of the road for a good 20 minutes wondering what the f*ck we were going to do, we continued on and I was the one having to drive it in limp mode THROUGH MELBOURNE, boy what fun that was!

So while I was driving and the 4 other people were sitting in the car trying to figure out how to use the GPS app on my phone, attempting to get onto Sydney road, we ended up in the Collingwood area.

While this is my first time driving in Melbourne, I must say it's not as bad as some people make it out to be.

After I pull over and get the GPS app up and running it was flying colors from there to get to my Sisters house.

So we got to my sisters house and I'm currently writing this in the guest room wondering how the hell I'm going to get my car to Adelaide now, as I have a ticket for the overnight bus to Adelaide that leaves at 8 tonight.

10/11/2012

On the train to Adelaide after going back to Melbourne to fix the transmission, all is well!

u3apetyn.jpg

20/11/2012

Registered!!

28/03/2013

Here's an update, done the drivers side rocker cover gasket yesterday, all is well and done!

Here is a pic of where the leak was, straight after I took the rocker cover off, it was damn big!

img1151me.jpg

Baked on carbon and crap, nom!

img1152ql.jpg

Filthy rockers, I suspect the previous owner was telling porkies when he said the engine was "nice and fresh" since it replaced the original engine, might have to investigate with Holden on that one...

img1149lv.jpg

At least there's no more burning oil smell after driving :)

09/05/2013

Another couple updates :)

Got the bass knob cable routed nicely a couple days ago, here's some pics to keep you all happy :P
Small hole in the carpet near the seat rail, perfect!
img1345u.jpg

The slack left over, nicely tucked in under the back seat :)
img1347fk.jpg

Where the cable goes through under the back seat, got about half a meter to use :)
img1348ov.jpg
img1349bj.jpg

Here's where the knob itself is located, perfect reaching distance if driving ;)

img1351e.jpg
img1352rp.jpg

Got to work with making a run of 0 gauge down the drivers side, lots of fun and I only broke one clip! :D

To start off, where shall I make the run through the firewall? Where the clutch grommet is!
There was already a rectangular hole in it, only found that one out after nearly 2 years :P
img1354i.jpg

Where it goes through, quite a nice spot actually.
img1355ht.jpg

Front kick panel.
img1358d.jpg

At the back seats, there is over a meter of slack for wherever I decide to put the distribution block (That's where Coinslot Enterprises comes in to save the day)!
img1356m.jpg

Where I've routed it through the engine bay..
img1360lq.jpg
img1361ba.jpg

Through the wall of fire! (Don't worry, the grommet is just pulled back on the cable but its in place now).
img1368gwn.jpg

11/07/2013

I noticed that the carpet around my battery was pretty damp, a common problem for VN-VS sedans was the rear 1/4 windows leaking as they use no sealant, only a gasket type thing that degrades over time, pictures will show this.
dcn5.jpg
d9m9.jpg

Nice and clean now, laid on some glass sealant and put it back together.
jhoi.jpg

Now that is all to this day, I've left a lot of little not so important crap out, these are all the big updates I just copied/pasted from another forum that I got the build log off, hence why it may seem like not so much work has been done over 2 years, but trust me when I say this, blood sweat and tears have been put into this car!

I got the car 2 years 4 days ago when I was 17 and earning $200 per fortnight so modifications and repairs were hard to maintain with such little money and so many damn things to do, there are a lot of things that I said I was going to do when I got the car but still haven't done, but they will be done one day when.

Now being 19 and earning close to $800 per fortnight from work it is making this still as hard as I have all this money, but no damn time to do anything!

Anyway, there will be more mechanical and audio updates soon enough, if it wasn't raining tonight then I would of done more deadening!

Thanks for looking! :)

Cheers man!

Take note, I will not be building the box myself, a local audio shop will be doing it for me and I will be paying them so I cannot and will not take credit for their work ahead.
I don't really have the time, tools, space or knowledge to make the box myself, but if I did then It would probably be done already :P

Box isn't finished just yet but we are getting there, awaiting the steel round overs then we can properly seal it up!

Building progress from yesterday!
18mm MDFx8= 4 sides :)
oegh.jpg

Mockup!
0knv.jpg

Getting silly with the glue..
z8lw.jpg
9knd.jpg
cs2t.jpg

Bobo drilling my box...
g5c3.jpg

Cutting circles and stuff...