Sonic Electronix

Creshendo Pwx 6.5 speakers

I've also got 4 of the 6.5s on the 1100.4, however I'm running 2 on channel 1 and 2 on channel 2. They're each 4 ohms a piece so I wire a pair down to 2 ohms on 1 channel for 300 watts RMS to the pair. If you also have the 4 ohm models except they're each on a single channel you could be slightly overpowering them (amp does 175 watts @ 4 ohms) and they may just sound harsh.

Like said above though, use the bandpass filter. I personally started off with mine crossed between 100hz-5khz but that sounded really harsh on the higher notes so I backed down to around 80hz-4khz and it sounds better IMO. Tuning them is basically going to be trial and error dependent upon your specific application. Also, they're not going to pick up the really higher notes like tweeters would so I'd suggest getting some tweets as well.

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

I've also got 4 of the 6.5s on the 1100.4, however I'm running 2 on channel 1 and 2 on channel 2. They're each 4 ohms a piece so I wire a pair down to 2 ohms on 1 channel for 300 watts RMS to the pair. If you also have the 4 ohm models except they're each on a single channel you could be slightly overpowering them (amp does 175 watts @ 4 ohms) and they may just sound harsh.

Like said above though, use the bandpass filter. I personally started off with mine crossed between 100hz-5khz but that sounded really harsh on the higher notes so I backed down to around 80hz-4khz and it sounds better IMO. Tuning them is basically going to be trial and error dependent upon your specific application. Also, they're not going to pick up the really higher notes like tweeters would so I'd suggest getting some tweets as well.

I have it adjusted and I wired the two speakers together for a 8ohm load and it sounds decent. I currently have two of the four installed. I also have four pioneer 6x9 so it picks up what the crescendo lacks.

I have it adjusted and I wired the two speakers together for a 8ohm load and it sounds decent. I currently have two of the four installed. I also have four pioneer 6x9 so it picks up what the crescendo lacks.

Wait why'd you end up wiring it at an 8 ohm load? Are each of the 6.5s 4 ohms a piece? If so you could just take two of them and wire both negatives and both positives together into one channel of the amp, and then do the same with the other 2 and have all four on either channels 1 and 2 or channels 3 and 4 that way you can bandpass them to where they sound good. The amp puts out 300 watts per channel at 2 ohms which would give you a nice 150w RMS per 6.5 which is what they're rated for :)

Wait why'd you end up wiring it at an 8 ohm load? Are each of the 6.5s 4 ohms a piece? If so you could just take two of them and wire both negatives and both positives together into one channel of the amp, and then do the same with the other 2 and have all four on either channels 1 and 2 or channels 3 and 4 that way you can bandpass them to where they sound good. The amp puts out 300 watts per channel at 2 ohms which would give you a nice 150w RMS per 6.5 which is what they're rated for :)

Because the amp will have 8 speakers grand total 4 crescendo 6.5 and 4 pioneer 6x9

Even with those 8 speakers though you could set aside channels 1 & 2 for all 4 PWXs wired down to 2 ohms per channel, and then have the other 2 channels for the 4 pioneers. That way you can set the bandpass for the PWXs and still have them receiving the full power and then the 4 6x9s can be set up on their own channels with their own settings right? I feel like I'm missing something here haha

Even with those 8 speakers though you could set aside channels 1 & 2 for all 4 PWXs wired down to 2 ohms per channel, and then have the other 2 channels for the 4 pioneers. That way you can set the bandpass for the PWXs and still have them receiving the full power and then the 4 6x9s can be set up on their own channels with their own settings right? I feel like I'm missing something here haha

The amp gets hot at 8 ohms if I set it up like that it might go into protect when I get the next 2 speakers installed I will run it like that to see the out come.

I had and audiopipe 360.4 4 channel run like that but after 30 min of play time protect but then again comparing apple to oranges there is a difference.

how hot?

its a class AB last i checked, so its going to get hot regardless.

you should be able to run 2 ohms stereo all day with no issues. unless you have a wiring issue somewhere, such as resistance in the power/ground wires.

how hot?

its a class AB last i checked, so its going to get hot regardless.

you should be able to run 2 ohms stereo all day with no issues. unless you have a wiring issue somewhere, such as resistance in the power/ground wires.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167762-vehicle-chevy-malibu-build-log-1997/

Real hot. I will check all my wiring I might have to change the 4 gauge wire to 0 gauge?

I'm using 2 of the channels for 4 PWXs at 2 ohms per channel and then the third channel for 4 tweets at 4 ohms. It gets hot after an hour or so full tilt but I can still hold my hand on it. I'd probably check the power and grounds like kranny said and make sure you're running some good quality 4ga for those inputs. I've got some SHCA OFC 4ga as a reference and haven't had any problems so far :)

I'm using 2 of the channels for 4 PWXs at 2 ohms per channel and then the third channel for 4 tweets at 4 ohms. It gets hot after an hour or so full tilt but I can still hold my hand on it. I'd probably check the power and grounds like kranny said and make sure you're running some good quality 4ga for those inputs. I've got some SHCA OFC 4ga as a reference and haven't had any problems so far :)

I have kicker ofc 4ga wire when I install the next two speakers I will see how it holds up.

[/url]">http://100_0340_zpsb03a809f.jpg

Archived