Help me pick a system

Hey all,

I am thinking I'm going to be putting the last visual touch on my car soon and then focus on audio. Right now I just have two alpine type e' 10in subs which sound pretty good in my Mazda 3 hatch but I am thinking I want to redo it all. I also have JL C2-650 [4 speakers & tweeters] which aren't currently hooked up to an amp.

What I'm looking for:

The final result I am looking for is a clean sounding system which is pretty impressive. I'm not going for a competition vehicle, I just like good loud clean music and something that's fun to show off. Something show worthy but not competition level. Something that isn't the typical persons setup. Did I mention loud ? lol :)

The only real requirements:

Has to include some tweeters or else I'll have ugly holes in the doors

Daily/year round driven car

Want to keep the rear seats in the vehicle

Patience and help from you guys lol (audio noob)

Scenarios:

Ideal: I want to go ahead with it this summer hopefully. Budget being MAX $2000 (Canadian Dollars)

Less Ideal: Wait till next year and have a larger budget.

I will be tackling the installing myself. I've wimped out until now but I really want to try doing all the work myself. Save some money and I really haven't done anything this year on my own.

As I mentioned I really know little with audio which is why I am asking for opinions and help from the beginning. Also keep in mind I am up here in an igloo in Canada with my fellow moose and beaver. aka shipping is potentially bit more expensive.

With that all said, please help me with what I should get! What are the best speakers - subs - etc I can get within my budget? Any general tips and suggestions welcome as well.

Once I/we nail down a system I'll start adding to my Members build thread and ask for help as I need it.

Thanks all.

• 2 weeks later...

^^^ noo.

For the build im getting out of this it doesn't sound like he wants shit PA speakers

definitely want to get a component set.. ( in door speakers)

id recommend looking at hertz audio speakers

http://www.amazon.com/Hertz-Audio-DSK-165-3-Component/dp/B008B5JPTS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1375277369&sr=8-2&keywords=hertz+audio

for amps id look into Arc audio, sundown audio or anything quality ( most of this stuff you wont find on amazon you have to go to their website and contact them)

for subs -- the New sundown audio X series are perfect there ment to get loud low and sound good, and also you can take a look at DAD subwoofers I really love mine. sounds great.

http://showtimecaraudio.net/shop/?product_cat=12&pa_series=bd

and most importantly you will HAVE to build a box ( the online pre made boxes are shit and don't sound good)

Archived