I did not take you for a engine guy carbon lol nice choice on the quad though my uncle had one and it was fun

I like to work on quads and bikes when I have the free time.

However...

Its more cost effective for me to take it to a shop this time and pay to get the valves adjusted rather than do it myself.

Running out of time to do things.

null-1444.jpg

Honda makes great engines, wish they would get with the times and upgrade to rezzy shocks on the 400s and get rid of the pogos and while theyre at it make them liquid cooled. I run suzuki and im a bad zuki fan boy lol. My buddies got a 400 and my z400 dogs him. There are quite a few cheap and DIY mods to wake it up though.

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

Hey i have a honda sportbike, mx bike and scooter.

The scooter is a 1989 80...it gets down still and has a good amount of miles. Left it sitting for over a year and still runs great.

Honda makes goos stuff, enignes for sure. I do all my own maintenance and have had my mx engine torn down and scrutinized when I rebuilt it. Everythign was in spec, including stock clutch, new crank, bearing, piston, and rebuilt head and the bike is better then new.

Do you have feeler gauges/gap gauges. IIRC your intakes should be .006" and exhaust .08" iirc...I think the exhaust gets a little more lash. The intakes might be tight...and you might need to shim.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Also I wouldnt be surprised the z400 spanks the 400ex. the EX is aircooled motor built years before the z400 was even being designed. The 400 is based of the drz 400 isn't it? I know people get those up to 50hp reliably, some more.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

Sold to:

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Thanks for the tips hammer.

As for the z400 beating it. Not too concerned. Just bought it to play in the dirt. If I want fast I would've gotten a bike lol

As for the z400 beating it. Not too concerned. Just bought it to play in the dirt. If I want fast I would've gotten a bike lol

I wouldn't be concerned either.

at the end of the day they are just quads...lol just poking fun. I am happy anytime anyone gets into something offroad. More people keeping riding areas open. If you are not a member yet you should check out thumpertalk. Look through and se about riding conservation in your area.

I remember back when I was 8 and they released them, I always wanted to go from my yamaha 80 quad to one of those eventually, it was so badass. THen I started into bikes soon after.

But on a serious note, if you need any help mechanically shoot me a PM I will help or at least point you in te right direction if it sover my head.

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

Sold to:

Its all in fun bud, ive rode his and its really a good quad hondas just aint for me. If you want a little more pep you can get the timing advance key from curtis sparks, and grind out the inside of the header inlets flush with actual inside diameter and you can tell a difference.

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

Pro Armor! They sent the wrong ones for the A-Arms so the new ones are on the way as well as these Nerf Bars.

IMG_4217.jpg

IMG_4215.jpg

Still deciding on the grab bar and front bumper...

Also bought a steering stabilizer.

Shimming valves is easy as SHIT on that bike. A shop didn't need to do it for you. They will sell you shims or trade you your existing shims usually.

Actually turned out to be a problem with the carb. I took the whole damn thing apart and cleaned it. Turns out it needed to be rebuilt. New jet, float needle, and a few other things.

Archived