ok so i have an 89 mustang it was originally a 4-cyl 5 speed car. When i purchased the car the throw-out bearing was going out. So i decided to just install an all new clutch. This is when i ran into a surprise i found out that the t5 transmission in my car is the original from the 4 cyl behind the v8. it took alot of searching to find the right pilot bearing. I installed everything and torqued it all to spec. Once it was all bolted up i went to install the driveshaft and realized i forgot to mark it before i took it off. so i just guess and bolted it back up. Now the problem i am having is under 45 mph the car drives perfect but once i hit 45 i get a vibration through the floor board and the shifter. if i shift into neutral or push in the clutch the vibration gets worse. It only vibrates at 45mph or above and once i slow down it automatically goes away. It will not vibrate if i just free rev it in gear. i have installed new u joints thinking that to be the problem but it seems to have only made the problem worse.....please help

I'm at a loss...if it were anything with the flywheel clutch or pressure plate it would do it all the time...which leads me to believe it had to be at the tailshaft or further back. I'm not sure about the weight on the drive-shaft i did drag it across the floor from under the car lol. the only thing i can think of trying is taking the drive-shaft to be balanced. its just weird it didn't do this before i took it apart

You can generally see where the weight was attached, if it fell off. If you locate the spot, just install some big hose clamps over that section (hose clamp screws directly over the weight attachment point) and see if the vibration changes.

Hmm. I did an auto to manual swap on a 98 gt, and after the swap, the throw out bearing kept going bad, and would sometimes not sit right which would make a noise/condition that sounds exactly similar to what you are describing

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

Archived