To process or not to process?

Ok, I've reached a point in my system that I'm wondering if signal processing should be my next step. Here's a rundown on how I'm set up right now. Pioneer Avic N5 head unit (I know it's old, but works perfectly) going to a line booster/splitter. From the splitter, I'm running through 2 autotek 6 channel crossovers (12 channels). I'm using one of the high pass sides of the crossovers to control my alpine tweeters, the other high pass channels are controlling a set of 4x6 speakers in the rear of my truck. One set of the rear input/outputs are controlling a set of components in the front door and the other is controlling a set or 6x9's in the rear. One set of sub outputs is controlling a single 12. I'm waiting on a second 12 to arrive. When it gets here, the second sub control on my second crossover will control it. My goal is to have each set of speakers in my truck to be independently controllable for tuning purposes. I have never messed with signal processors and I'm wondering if that should be my next step or am I overcomplicating things. My music preference is loud, very loud but I also want sound quality. I have enough amps laying around to split everything up as needed. I can also add more crossovers as needed. The line splitter/booster divides 6 channels into 18 channels. So, my question is should I scrap my plans and get a signal processor like the RF 3 sixty.3 or continue with the independent channel setup. I've looked at the 3 sixty.3 and I see that it only has 8 outputs. But when it's all said and done, I will have probably have 8 sets of channels (16 channels) including the subs (I want to add more speakers). Can I use 2 3sixty.3's to process everything? Or will I get better quality grouping pairs of speakers back together and running one 3 sixty.3? Is anyone running a similar setup?

2002 GMC 2500HD w/8.1 liter v-8

Pioneer Avic N-5 HU

Pioneer CD-BTB200 Bluetooth

Pioneer CD-UB100 usb

Pioneer GEX-P910XM XM receiver

Pioneer CD-1200 IPhone adapter

Pioneer TS-W309D2 subs x2

Audiopipe split 3003

2 Autotek 3-way active crossovers

2 alpine tweeters

RF Punch P132 3.5" full range

RF Power T1462 4x6 full range

RF Power T1693 6x9 3 way

RF Power T2652 T2 6.5 components

2 Autotek ATX 1200.4 amps 4

RF P400 amp

Massive N4 nano-block

I measure loud by the amount of smoke it puts out.

www.enforcer-gaming.com

If this was my vehicle ... I would pull your headunit and line driver setup and replace it with a VERY updated headunit with the features you need for an active setup ... Just my suggestion here.

Adding a processor to what you have now will not help you as much as a processor should ... In all actuallity, you would be processing music 3 times before it gets to the crossovers (I'm assuming that they are active) ... not good for any system.

In fact, with a great headunit like the Pioneer p99rs, you can do away with those crossovers too and do even better with your system !!! Hope this helps ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Thank you! Unfortunately, doing away with the head unit isn't an option. I travel for work and for recreation, so the gps and dvd capabilities of the head unit are a must. I also pull a lot, so the rear view camera is nice. I was thinking about buying a DEQ-p8000 to go along with it. Yes, the crossovers are active. I never cared for passive crossovers. I kind of had a feeling I was beyond what could be done with a processor. My reason for splitting everything up like I have is that I like being able to tune everything in. If my highs are too overpowering, I turn them down. Same goes with mids and subs. I'm looking at some of the processors and I think I could configure everything in a way that 1 processor could manage. I would just have to rearrange some things. Fortunately, I have a lot of spare time on my hands. I cut the tip of my finger off and had it reattached, so I'm on leave from work. I know the deq is probably out dated, but It would offer surround sound. I'm not scared to pull everything out and start again, so I'll make something work. It actually sounds really good now, but I feel that there's something missing. That's what was pushing me towards processing. I'm not looking to out bass anyone.

2002 GMC 2500HD w/8.1 liter v-8

Pioneer Avic N-5 HU

Pioneer CD-BTB200 Bluetooth

Pioneer CD-UB100 usb

Pioneer GEX-P910XM XM receiver

Pioneer CD-1200 IPhone adapter

Pioneer TS-W309D2 subs x2

Audiopipe split 3003

2 Autotek 3-way active crossovers

2 alpine tweeters

RF Punch P132 3.5" full range

RF Power T1462 4x6 full range

RF Power T1693 6x9 3 way

RF Power T2652 T2 6.5 components

2 Autotek ATX 1200.4 amps 4

RF P400 amp

Massive N4 nano-block

I measure loud by the amount of smoke it puts out.

www.enforcer-gaming.com

Archived