Second Skin Audio

Need some input.

SGT_76

First off, sorry for this being so long. Well looks like walling the vette is on hold for a while. I had to park it for now due to mechanical issues. So I'm thinking of doing a lil something for the ol' trusty work truck. It's a regular cab '96 F150 so space is tight behind the seats. Plus it has the buckets with the center "jump seat/console" that doesn't have a slider. If I didn't need all 3 seats it would be easy lol...console build. Since the center seat doesn't move the max dim's are different behind it. Max dim's are...

Behind driver and passenger seats (each side):

Width: 23"

Height: 14"

Bottom Depth: 10"

Top depth: 5"

Behind center seat:

Width: 17"

Height: 14"

Bottom depth: 9"

Top Depth: 4"

Overall width: 63"

Here is what I'm thinking... Either (4) SD-2 10's sealed or (2) SA8 v2's ported. The SD's would be easy as I've already come up with a design for them. The SA's are giving me fits though lol...HELP! Either will be ran off a SK4500 (yes at the appropriate nominal ohm lol) which will be mounted above them on the rear cab wall under the window. The SD's would be under powered (~375 per) and the SA's would be over powered (~750 per).

So guys, 2 questions.... Which would YOU run and why? And given the dim's can anybody help out with a ported design (~35hz tune) for the SA's? Any and all input is greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

Lol....and crickets!!

How does this sound for 2 SA8v2's seeing roughly 750rms each?...

- 1.4 cu. ft. gross.

- (1) 4" aero, 20" long, all external.

- Torres shows 12.56 sq. in. port area, and 10.47 sq. in. port per foot.

- 35hz tuning

- 1.2 cu. ft. net

Given the space available I can't seem to make a slot port work. For some reason I still scratch my head with aero ports...would a single 4" be enough?

Archived