Im not sure if this is the best place for this, but im having issues with my Opt7 HID Kit 6000k.

It got installed at a shop that i had my car at. And they didnt think it was going to last long.
But i thought nothing of it.

My only my driver side Hi's worked. And both Low's worked. And it would come on and off when i put them on.

Couple weeks later. My passenger low went out, then another day or so the driver side went out.
And ive been fiddling with it, and having them send me new capacitors and lights. And they sent out another ballast, but havent gotten it yet.

And i got the driver side Hi and Low to work. I think its the fuses, they are 10A.

And the passenger side keeps blowing, and the lights arent working. I have 2 capacitors hooked up to the driver side low.

And 1 for the hi i believe.

And i tried putting in a bigger fuse and actually blew the capactior.

Anyone got any ideas?
Im thinking its the polarity but ive tried switching the stock light harness cables around for the low's, but not the hi's.

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT 2.0L

Flowmaster Single muffler + Tip

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

Its the Opt7 6000k HID kit.

i have a 9005 and h7.

and for the lows its a spade connector and hi's its a wire harness connector thing.

and i have a bunch of capacitors lol and bulbs. but no spare low bulbs, just 2 spare hi bulbs. ordered the wrong spare bulbs :/

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

First things first. I always recommend getting a relay harness when installing an HID system into a vehicle. Unless the system was equipped for HID's the stock wiring will not like the current draw from the ballasts on start up. I would suggest removing everything you have and bench testing all of the equipment to make sure it is functional. Secondly run the lights using a relay harness that will pull power for the ballasts from the battery and use the factory wiring as signal for HI's and Lo's.

First things first. I always recommend getting a relay harness when installing an HID system into a vehicle. Unless the system was equipped for HID's the stock wiring will not like the current draw from the ballasts on start up. I would suggest removing everything you have and bench testing all of the equipment to make sure it is functional. Secondly run the lights using a relay harness that will pull power for the ballasts from the battery and use the factory wiring as signal for HI's and Lo's.

This is almost exactly what I was going to say, being that the OPT7 kits don't have relays, you would have to wire them in. But honestly, the OPT7 kit looks really cheap and not very good quality. If you can't get them to operate correctly either on a test bench or in the car, I would suggest buying a nice quality setup.....

http://www.xtralights.com/search.aspx?find=hid+kit+pair+9005

I mean im sure the company i got it from would send me whatever i need. I just dont want to shell out another 140 when i paid 70$ already. When you say test bench what do i do there? Id love to buy a new setup but cant right now since i just put out 200 for a new amp. after blowing 170 on one lol. And they said they would send relays if needed. I guess i could try that? and my battery is in the trunk though. i have a 2003 volvo v70.

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

Why is my driver side working though. thats what gets me. i mean the hi beams arent working amazing and flicker. but still run.
Im sure they will probably go out. but wouldnt 2 capacitors help that?

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

When i say bench test i am referring to taking the ballasts and bulbs out of the car and using some 12v power supply like a computer power supply to power them up and test functionality. I have seen it before on a cavalier where without a relay harness the drivers side worked, but the passenger side did not due to low current. Flickering is due most of the time to cheap ballasts and or low power to the ballasts.

how did you fix the cavalier? what do i have to do to fix this without buying a new setup? would i have to run off the battery?

4 SoundQubed 6x9s 3-way

PolkAudio PA660.4

2 MB Quart Tweeters

2 4" MB Quart 2-way

New 8" coming soon!

I see nothing about relays ...

Without relays, HIDs can take a big toll on your electrical system ... You need a relay for each ballast in your HID system.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived